Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Scraps for quilting

Scraps for quilting

I am looking for a store that sells garment fabric. I like to save the scraps from my clothing efforts for my fave quilts, scrappy. I shop the local LQSs and occasionally Joann's already, but have found the selection of what would make a nice shirt disappointing. The quality of homespuns at the LQS wonderful but selection not good for shirts etc. The quality of homespun, which could be substituted for oxford clothe, at Joann's is not good, very thin.
    I am willing to make a journey of 100miles to find a good fabric store. I am about equadistant between Atlanta and Chattanooga. I already have a good online source for linen.

Banned
    G Street Fabrics is a great source for clothing fabric. I think Mary Jo's carries some too.
    Google them to see their offerings. Both shops are in the South.

Fabric.com sells some clothing materials, but I've never order those from them so can't tell you what quality they are...but the quilting cottons are great!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

i've been shopping with fabric.com for almost 15 years now- and have made alot of clothes --- was buying fabric from them before i became an avid quilter- they have a large variety of fabrics- and free shipping at $35 which i never have a problem meeting their apparal department is lots bigger than their quilting department- but it has grown by leaps & bounds in the past 5 years. they have a clearance section where everything is $1.95 a yard---and always an assortment of 50%, 30% & 20% off fabrics- carry name brands- and have great customer service....no i'm not affiliated in any way- just been a happy customer for a long-long time
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    Have you tried House of Fabrics in Asheville?
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

Thanks for the info. Will give them a try.
    Am still looking for a shop in the Atl. or Chatt. area.