Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Seam Ripper

Question Seam Ripper

Does anyone know about a new seam ripper that is shaped or acts like a shaving razor. Sorry I don't know a lot of about this....just did a search on google and could not find anything.

I saw one last year at the SD Quilt show and failed to buy one. I am hoping they are there again this year. I want to be able to try one before I buy one. Heirloom Creations has one.
    Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-30-2012 at 09:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    I don't know about "new".... there is one that resembles a scalpel, I'm not sure if it's the one you're talking about because it's been around for a while.

http://www.how-to-quilt.com/articles...eam-ripper.php

I have one that looks similar to this one, however my favorite seam rippers are plain razor blades, like the kind you put in box cutters.

I bought The Quick Ripper on line not long ago "It's battery operated " . I put it to good use. It is the fast thing ever for getting stitches out. I love it were has it been all my life. I saw it on a thread here. and then I bough it on etsy, Here is a youtub www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA_2m0ZO8EA

I think this is what you are looking for. I have one and it's awesome! It has a small, half moon shaped, super sharp razor blade that comes out of the end, and you can "unsew" a seam in no time flat. They also have a rotary cutter that is just as good (Amazon also carries it). Anyway, here's the link:
    http://www.amazon.com/Gingher-3779-S...ds=seam+ripper
    MacThayer

I think the one you are talking about is actually a Mustache Trimmer, they just packaged it differently (and more expensive) but you can get them at Wal-Mart.

Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
    Blog Entries
    I bought a beard trimmer instead and it works terrific! And I paid next to nothing for it. Same principal.
    "Be yourself...everyone else is taken."
    Strong people don't put others down...they build them up."
    "Remember that your instincts are more important than rules"

Thank you. It is he one at Heirloom Creations.. the quilt show ran out of them here in Grand Rapids. What a nice show in Grand Rapids this year. I just ordered the seam ripper. A little pricey at $25 for shipping and handling. Thanks again

I use eyebrow shapers, 3 to a pack for about $3.00 at Wally. Chheaper at $ stores. They work well.
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.