Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seam Ripper

Seam Ripper

I have used my seam ripper more on the quilt then I have ever used it before.I dont know why I cant get it together. I have been quilting for a few year. Any one else have this problem or is it just me. I just want to thank the person who invented seam rippers.

There is always the project that just won't work right. After ripping the seam apart for the 3rd time, it's too frayed to use. I usually give up at that point and cut a fresh piece.
    Fay

Wanted: a job that involves raising cats, riding motorcycles and creating quilts!

Sometimes it seems to be that way....I hate froggy days...rippit, rippit....

Happened to me on a quilt with Y seams. I vowed no more of those type quilts for a while. It took forever to complete because of all the ripping.

Blog Entries
    Seems appropriate . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Usually my rule is... when I use the seam ripper twice in one day... It's time to quit.

On a side note... I had moved my sewing machine into the dining room while my sewing room was under construction. I dropped my seam ripper, it stuck in the linoleum and BROKE THE TIP! WAHHH It was my favorite seam ripper too. Do you know how worthless a seam ripper is without the tip?! VERY worthless. I was sad. Luckily I have back ups!

Blog Entries
    OH.. I have those days too. It usually happens when I'm either tired or lots of distractions around. I just have to put it up for a couple of hours, then it all comes together well.
    Gigi07

Learn from Yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by HilaryK8 View Post
    Usually my rule is... when I use the seam ripper twice in one day... It's time to quit.
    Twice only in ONE DAY??? Grief, I'd never make it through one seam, much less a whole block or a full quilt!!
    Twice. In one day.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigi07 View Post
    OH.. I have those days too. It usually happens when I'm either tired or lots of distractions around. I just have to put it up for a couple of hours, then it all comes together well.
    Me, too. Some day it just seems like my sewing doesn't want to cooperate. I mess with it a while & finally just put it up for a time -- what my Mother would call "a good case of leaving alone". Don't be too hard on yourself...
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by cinnamon View Post
    I have used my seam ripper more on the quilt then I have ever used it before.I dont know why I cant get it together. I have been quilting for a few year. Any one else have this problem or is it just me. I just want to thank the person who invented seam rippers.

Maybe you need to set the quilt aside, pull some weeds, bake some bread and try again Monday.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast