Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Seam Ripper

Blog Entries
    I thought I would share that for some of us that have problems with our hands and ripping things out you all may be interested in using an eyebrow electric depilatator. I have purchased two of them they are battery operated and work really good to undo seams. I got one at Walgreens and the other one at Walmart both are the same price about $9.00 plus tax. One of the ones I got even has a light. You just hold it next to the seam and it just shaves it away don't have to put pressure on it or anything. I am trying to remember the brand name but today is a "fog" day and I can't seem to remember. I will search for my packaging which I don't think I kept and check it out. My girlfriend bought a green and white colored one that is a little easier to hold and ..................ooooooo I know the brand "Shick". Okay now I feel better I remembered any other questions let me know.

Blog Entries
    thanks for letting us know and I will look for the brand name Shick at the store

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I never would have thought touse that. I am going to get one on payday. Thanks

That is why I purchased a Wahl battery operated mustache razor. I have been using it for over a year now on the same battery...

Okay, I am going to sound stupid, but I am a visual learner and can't get my mind around how you use this to rip seams. Can u post a pic of doing it? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by marcias
    Okay, I am going to sound stupid, but I am a visual learner and can't get my mind around how you use this to rip seams. Can u post a pic of doing it? Please?
    Agreed...for some reason I just can't figure this one out, but I love the idea!

You lay the piece that needs unsewed down on table and slip the razor in between the two pieces and shave the stitches out!!! It is really very simple!

Thanks for the explanation! I got one at Harbor Freight for $2 and really didn't know how to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl222
    Thanks for the explanation! I got one at Harbor Freight for $2 and really didn't know how to use it!
    Great, Mine has about a 1 inch razor end.