Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Search feature question?

Hi All-

If I wanted to do a search on all the posts by a specific author how do I do that? When I go to the search feature, I click on advanced options, then I type in the person's name in the one box, click search and it always comes up blank. What am I doing wrong?

MTS
    Banned
    The search function is very, very limited.

You're actually not searching for posts but for TOPICS started by the specified member/author.

Blog Entries
    You can go to user list, enter their user name and click on it when it comes up and then click on topics created.
    Clear as mud? :wink:

Blog Entries
    Type the name of the person in the User List feature. When their name comes up, click on their name, then click on this persons Topics and you will get a list of all of the topics this person started.

Edit: also if you see any message they posted you can click on their name (on the left side with their information), and it will bring up the same screen where you can click on the topics they created.

Go to the User List and type in their screen name. It'll show you all the topics the person created.