Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: In search of

In search of

a 6 inch finished block called bear paw! I have been to all the free block pattern sites and no one has it in a 6 in. I do n ot have an EQ program so I can not draft my own. I really dont want to paper piece it either. I like to piece by hand so would'nt mind templates. Hope one of you talented ladies can help me. thank you thank you

In Eleanor Burns Underground Railroad - there is a 6 inch block of Bear's Paw.

I was insearch of the same and I found it I'm on the wrong laptop it's saved in the other. Are you just wanting the one bearpaw or the four that make the whole block? Let me know! I'm doing a bear paw quilt as well
    *Rachel*

The problem doing it in 6" is that the bear paw traditionally consists of 7 equal sections, and so it is most easily done with 7" or 14" blocks. Sometimes the center portion is increased so it is 8". If you must make it as a 6" block you will be dealing with measurements of 1/8 and 1/16", and even then they will not be quite accurate since 6" isn't divided by 7 nicely.

Blog Entries
    I'm at work so I don't have access and my daughter has my pc at her house but I'm pretty sure it's in EQ7. If any of you are at home you can check.
    Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Spencer View Post
    a 6 inch finished block called bear paw! I have been to all the free block pattern sites and no one has it in a 6 in. I do n ot have an EQ program so I can not draft my own. I really dont want to paper piece it either. I like to piece by hand so would'nt mind templates. Hope one of you talented ladies can help me. thank you thank you
    Dumb question? Are you aware that you'll be dealing with 29 pieces, most less than 1" when finished for a 6 " block?

Is a 6" block absolutely necessary?
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

6 inche bear claw

There is a pattern in the underground railroad quilt book.

Quote Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
    Dumb question? Are you aware that you'll be dealing with 29 pieces, most less than 1" when finished for a 6 " block?

Is a 6" block absolutely necessary?
    Yes I know but a six inch is what I need.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Yes I know but a six inch is what I need.
    Are you referring to "one " paw as a six inch??

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.