Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Searching... cobalt blue quilt fabric >

Searching... cobalt blue quilt fabric

Searching... cobalt blue quilt fabric

Old 06-25-2017, 01:36 PM

Question Searching... cobalt blue quilt fabric

Has anyone bought any cobalt blue quilt fabric lately? If so, where did you buy it? I'm not having much luck searching sites. I don't trust the colors on my laptop and there are so many sites. Can anyone help me narrow it down some?
TIA...
Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 PM

have you tried either quiltfabriccloseout.com or equilter.com both let you search by color and that may make the process easier. Also try Mo. Star, although I don't always find their website that easy to search.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:37 PM

I feel your pain. I am not "well that will do" kind of gal. But here is the problem. Cobalt blue only means something to you, and it isn't very much more specific than "blue". But if you really want a very specific color (and you are allowed to want what you want), and you have to communicate with other people (because computer/camera/software is not accurate/specific enough. You have to refer to a "standard" of what the definition of Cobalt blue is. (have I lost you/bored you? In the print world the standard is the pantone color chart. (John Deere want this green not that green in their ads, paint etc and you better not print an off shade like forest green).

Now we don't all have Pantone color charts, but we do/can have Kona and/or Bella Solid color charts. By we, I mean you can buy one, and most LQS have on e. If you say "Do you have any fabric that matches Kona "Cutsy Blue #236 or Bella Solid "Heavenly blue #117", that LQS owner can refer to her chart and walk her store and/or refer to her website; Moda #24567 of the Country charm collection matches the color you have referred to. And wal la you have a match.
If you don't need to be THAT specific, then, heck, trust your computer and go for it. Or hop in the car and take a rode trip. Good Luck in your quest. I know when I want a solid, I am like you, I want what I want and not something "close to it"
Old 06-25-2017, 10:58 PM

Try Marshalls Dry Goods in Batesville, Arkansas. Bought a bolt of Cobalt Blue Dream Cotton there about 2 weeks ago.
Old 06-26-2017, 01:07 AM

Because of watercolor painting, I have a vision of what you mean by cobalt blue. And I'd love to find it too.
Old 06-26-2017, 02:14 AM

I am using a beautiful blue from Timeless Treasures in a Sew Along with crazymomquilts. I tied to upload a picture from my Ipad but it's not working. : (
Old 06-26-2017, 03:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by patsews View Post
Try Marshalls Dry Goods in Batesville, Arkansas. Bought a bolt of Cobalt Blue Dream Cotton there about 2 weeks ago.
I'll second that!
Old 06-26-2017, 04:54 AM

Moda's Bella solids has a cobalt blue
Old 06-26-2017, 05:06 AM

Thank you all for your responses, especially janequilter. My god daughter is getting married next summer and her favorite color is cobalt blue. Everyone in my family and circle of close friends gets a quilt when they get married. I will check out all of your suggestions.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:17 AM

Have you looked at the Kona? They have so many colors.