Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Searching for fish/ocean life >

Searching for fish/ocean life

Searching for fish/ocean life

Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Power Poster

Bear Paw Quilt company has a pretty good selection of 'sea life' fabrics- when you go to the on line catalog click on the link for fishing.
they even have a panal with a sea turtle, an octopus, lion fish, angel fish & coral- it is one of the panals i used when i made the 'Ashley's ocean' Quilt.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 AM

Some great suggestions here. Thank you, everyone! I have ordered a few things and will wait to see how it works out before I go crazy ordering more. I will probably only need six or so different prints to do this.

My nephew got married late last year. He and his new bride both scuba dive although he is more into it - being a master diver and leading dive trips a few times a year. She, however, is a planetary scientist so I wanted to incorporate the 'sea and the sky' so to speak.

I was fortunate enough to see a fat eighth bundle of stars and moons, etc. I figure that's 'close enough' so I will merge these two themes into one quilt as a wedding gift. They are not youngsters and don't need anything at all but I think they will enjoy and appreciate something like this. Oh, and she's a sometime quilter and spins wool, too, so I KNOW she will appreciate the effort.
Old 02-20-2013, 01:07 PM

The search function on equilter.com is great and will bring up most anything you type in
Old 02-20-2013, 02:03 PM

Let me know if you still need some squares. I used to dive, and like to make I Spy quilts.