Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Searching for A John Deere Tractor Quilt Pattern

I am searching for a pattern where I can use the John Deere Fabric of tractors & etc, to make my retired John Deere & Farmer Husband a quilt. (B-4 we both pass), I have saved up stash of Deere Fabric, and my husband has purchased the EQ 6 & 7 programs where I can incorporate all my fabric into a pattern I am not to incline to make a pattern all on my own so it will be a "Piece Talk" in the future by own son and his family.
    I'll be watching for suggestions, Thank you for your input in advance.

Granny Quilter

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I make a John Deere quilt every year for the club my husband belongs too. They have a raffle every year. I am lost for a pattern every year. When I start I hate the quilt, but when done it always turned out nice. I too want a pattern if anyone has any ideas. I plan on maybe fussy cutting squares this year, but not sure where else to go with this. I had a friend make one and she used all her scraps. It turned out very nice, but I have a hard time mixcing other fabrics with the JD fabrics. It is out of my comfort zone.

9 patch. Disappearing 9 patch. Turning 20...you'd need the book. Snowball w/9P. Rails. Done. Have to go tow work now.

Thanks PVQuilter, I am not confortable in designing anything, I could fussy cut, like you say, just start sewing them together,
    Shall do some paper work first, tho,

THX again,
    Granny Quilter