Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Searching for "Princess" fabric >

Searching for "Princess" fabric

Searching for "Princess" fabric

Old 06-08-2012, 02:45 PM

Default Searching for "Princess" fabric

My DH wants a quilt made for our baby girl (fur baby) and he is set on wanting it to have fabric that has the word "princess" on it. My plan is to have a center that is a solid color with Princess Rachel embroidery then circle that with various quilt blocks done in pinks, lavender, and such. However I can not seem to find any fabric with the word princess on it. I have found crowns, castles and other various princess orientated themes but nothing that works. I found Michael Miller's Princess collection and really like it, however there is none with the word princess on it. And for some odd reason my husband is really set on wanting such a fabric. I was wondering if you wonderful people could please point me towards a collection or place that might have such a fabric? Thank you so very much in advance.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:08 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

There is a "princess" collection coming out sometime in the near future by Adornit. There is one fabric in the line that had all-over words on it and "princess" would probably be one of the words on it. I have an advertising brochure on my desk at work... but I'm posting from home right now. I can look again on Monday.

Meanwhile, you could check Adornit's site; I don't know if they post previews or not. http://www.fabricworm.com/adornit.html
Old 06-08-2012, 03:13 PM

You could applique the letters and spell out the word . . . or you could embroider the word. Another idea - look at the T-shirts, for little girls. Sometimes you can find Princess T-shirts; you could always cut out the word/picture and use it as a quilt block.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:35 PM

I have found a flannel that DH likes...since it is for the puppy, I can mix and match fabric types. I was wondering if anyone knew what this fabric was called? [ATTACH=CONFIG]340756[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails %24-kgrhqr-qge-y5mmbtqbpwde-jndw%7E%7E60_12%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 06-08-2012, 03:38 PM

I think I have something with the word Princess & coordinating fabrics - will check when I get home from work & PM you. It is a collection from about 10 years ago - don't remember the maker; maybe Galaxly Fabrics. I bought a lot of their stuff back then.

Originally Posted by ZugZug View Post
My DH wants a quilt made for our baby girl (fur baby) and he is set on wanting it to have fabric that has the word "princess" on it. My plan is to have a center that is a solid color with Princess Rachel embroidery then circle that with various quilt blocks done in pinks, lavender, and such. However I can not seem to find any fabric with the word princess on it. I have found crowns, castles and other various princess orientated themes but nothing that works. I found Michael Miller's Princess collection and really like it, however there is none with the word princess on it. And for some odd reason my husband is really set on wanting such a fabric. I was wondering if you wonderful people could please point me towards a collection or place that might have such a fabric? Thank you so very much in advance.