Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern >

Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern

Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern

Old 12-27-2012, 07:28 AM

Default Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern

Good Morning Everyone. I am searching for a Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern, I am getting ready to take a class on this and would like to see a pattern so I can work on my colors and yardage before I start the class (because for the next week I may have a little extra time to do this. The instructor will give us the pattern when we start the class, I just want a head start so I can be thinking about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I must say I searced on line for about 30 minutes and then realized that I was probably not going to my best resource, my quilting friends on the Quilting Board. Shame on me, I should have thought of you guys first. With all the Christmas frenzy (and it was all wonderful) I am getting anxious to continue sewing. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 AM

Here's one: http://www.simplicity.com/t-Simpli-E...ilt-Block.aspx
or google double wedding ring free patterns. Enjoy your class.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 AM

I'm surprised you don't have access to the pattern before the class. How on earth can you pick colors, yardage without it? Any chance you can get the pattern now?
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

There are many ways to do the DWR pattern. I think I would wait and see what the instructor has in mind. There is hand piecing, applique, English Paper Piecing, and on and on. I wish I could attend with you...this is one of my must do projects~someday~
Old 12-27-2012, 07:48 AM

If you are just thinking of colors most any google image should help you. Estran 947 is correct as there are many ways of constructing this quilt. AND some methods use more pieces in the rings than others.

Here is a link to the google search which will give you many ideas of colorways.

https://www.google.com/search?q=doub...w=1025&bih=469
Old 12-27-2012, 04:47 PM

Why not contact the instructor for a list of supplies needed? This would include the pattern. The classes I have taken have always included a list of required supplies. And the pattern had to be purchased ahead of time, too. Otherwise, the first class session could be a total waste of your time.