Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern

Blog Entries

Searching for Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern

Good Morning Everyone. I am searching for a Wedding Ring Quilt Pattern, I am getting ready to take a class on this and would like to see a pattern so I can work on my colors and yardage before I start the class (because for the next week I may have a little extra time to do this. The instructor will give us the pattern when we start the class, I just want a head start so I can be thinking about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I must say I searced on line for about 30 minutes and then realized that I was probably not going to my best resource, my quilting friends on the Quilting Board. Shame on me, I should have thought of you guys first. With all the Christmas frenzy (and it was all wonderful) I am getting anxious to continue sewing. Thanks in advance.
    Gwenzie

Here's one: http://www.simplicity.com/t-Simpli-E...ilt-Block.aspx
    or google double wedding ring free patterns. Enjoy your class.
    When you sleep under a quilt, you sleep under a blanket of love.

Blog Entries
    I'm surprised you don't have access to the pattern before the class. How on earth can you pick colors, yardage without it? Any chance you can get the pattern now?

Blog Entries
    There are many ways to do the DWR pattern. I think I would wait and see what the instructor has in mind. There is hand piecing, applique, English Paper Piecing, and on and on. I wish I could attend with you...this is one of my must do projects~someday~

If you are just thinking of colors most any google image should help you. Estran 947 is correct as there are many ways of constructing this quilt. AND some methods use more pieces in the rings than others.

Here is a link to the google search which will give you many ideas of colorways.

https://www.google.com/search?q=doub...w=1025&bih=469
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Why not contact the instructor for a list of supplies needed? This would include the pattern. The classes I have taken have always included a list of required supplies. And the pattern had to be purchased ahead of time, too. Otherwise, the first class session could be a total waste of your time.