Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sears serger 2/3/4D

Does anyone have this? I just pulled it out of my closet where it has lived for 10 years. It's brand new and never used :oops:
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, toss it , donate, craigslist or ????????
    the Model is 385. Is it totally outdated?

Blog Entries
    I don't have it but if you really aren't interested in learning to use it then I'd post it on ebay or craigslist.
    Did you google it to see if you can find a price on it?

Quote Originally Posted by IngeMK
    Does anyone have this? I just pulled it out of my closet where it has lived for 10 years. It's brand new and never used :oops:
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with it, toss it , donate, craigslist or ????????
    the Model is 385. Is it totally outdated?
    I think if its brand new I'd figure out a way to learn to use it.

Blog Entries
    It isn't necessarily totally outdated. Some fabric stores offer serger classes where you can learn how to thread and use your serger. I'd look for a class.

Sergers are most valuable for making clothing -- especially children's clothing. Do you have any young children in the family? Sergers are also great for making ruffles, curtains, etc. They can be used to make quilts too, although I prefer my sewing machine for that.

Totally outdated? That would depend on what you wanted to sew/serge/quilt/etc ... I think I'd try it out before discarding it ... that is unless you have absolutely no use for a serger. I use mine to serge the ends of fabric before washing to eliminate the fraying, along with other sewing. I have a very simple inexpensive serger.

HTH~ :D

Blog Entries
    Go to www.sewingpatternreview. I found some info that sounds like it might pertain to your machine.

http://sewing.patternreview.com/Sewi...ns/topic/60626

Blog Entries
    Sergers all do the same thing....old or new, they all work the same. Learn to use it. You'll find all kinds of creative things to use it for.

My serger is about 14 years old but I would never part with it. Yesterday I pulled it out to do some alteration on a dress. I don't use it often but | wouldn't part with it. I did take two classes at the Quilt Shop on Sergers. That was the best thing I did. We made our own manual on how to do different techniques. We recorded our setting for each technique and they are still valid after all these years. I pull my manual often when I want to try something different. Once you learn how to use it you will not want to part with it.

Quilterfay