Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
selling quilts >

selling quilts

selling quilts

Old 08-28-2007, 06:02 AM

I am thinking of trying to sell my quilts and I am wondering if anyone else here has done it as a business. I live in Colorado and I think that if I took them up to the ski towns they might sell well. Any thoughts or ideas?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 AM

I think it is hard to sell them. just make sure that the quility is there without the expence. We are the only ones that know the time and money that goes into these treasures.
A ski resort might be a good idea though. I know at our ski lodge I've never seen anyone sell quilts. So maybe you might have good clients there. Maybe you could special order them to what they want.
Donna
Old 08-28-2007, 06:25 AM

Yes, a tourist area is the BEST place to sell quilts. Try to find boutiques that sell local products to tourists. Tourists are LOOKING for things to spend money on.

I also sell them on ebay, but only small things - wall quilts, baby quilts, table runners, etc. and generally I sell them AFTER I have used them as class samples. If you have to buy new fabric to make the quilts and then sell them, you need a really upscale market.