Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seminole quilts

Has anyone ever made a Seminole quilt? I've had a pattern stored in my favorites for the longest time but when I get to a new project I never think of the Seminole. If you have, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you post a pic of it? Maybe all I need is some inspiration.

Id love to see one too....... have wanted to make one for years, it would fit right in with our home decor!

I'm sure that other board members will weigh in with their quilts but in the meanwhile here is some google images of others.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Semin...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Mx1lTcSLOpCutwfZue2FBg&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=899&bih=326

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I'm sure that other board members will weigh in with their quilts but in the meanwhile here is some google images of others.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Semin...ls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=Mx1lTcSLOpCutwfZue2FBg&ved=0CCYQsAQ&biw=899&bih=326
    I just LOVE Seminole piecing, and have pieces started, but no actual quilt done with them.

THanks for the eye candy...that was great to see!

NO, i haven't made a seminole quilt but I have a book called basic seminole patchwork by cheryl greider bradkin. I have had the book for years. the patterns show vests,skirts, dresses, trim on towells, and of course quilts. it is in my someday....maybe this year??? It looks easy. maybe. what does your pattern look like?

thank you dakotamaid. beautiful images. I didn't realize there are so many more books available on it. as I said, mine is old.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanycats
    NO, i haven't made a seminole quilt but I have a book called basic seminole patchwork by cheryl greider bradkin. I have had the book for years. the patterns show vests,skirts, dresses, trim on towells, and of course quilts. it is in my someday....maybe this year??? It looks easy. maybe. what does your pattern look like?
    ha..I love that book so much that I found I own 3 copies of it!

Quote Originally Posted by toomanycats
    The pattern I have is the one on page four to the right of the Galena pattern. It's from one of the free quilt pattern sites.

I've never done a whole quilt with Seminole patchwork, but I've done some potholders just to experiment with the technique. Really, a lot of strip piecing techniques borrow from Seminole patchwork.

Apparently I didn't take any pictures of the finished potholders, but I did take pics of the tops before I sandwiched and quilted them.

Can't remember what book I got them from - an older quilting book from the library.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thank you, I pulled up the site and the quilts on it were beautiful. So colorful and different.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast