Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Serger advice

Blog Entries
    Greetings,
    I can't see as well as I once did and am looking for a self threading serger. Any advice?

I think Babylock makes one. I am sure the higher end ones of other manufactors also have them.
    I purchased a newer Bernina in the last year. It is not self threading but it is a lot simpler to thread than my previous one. The biggest change is that the threading does not absolutely have to be done in a certain order. I usually just tie on the next thread and pull it through. Once in a while I am not able to do that. With this new machine I have a whole lot less stress.

Blog Entries
    I'd love to have a self-threading serger too. Have you Googled for reviews? I found these reviews of the Babylock Eclipse:

http://www0.epinions.com/reviews/hmg...y_Lock_Eclipse

or http://tinyurl.com/nhxw7s

Also, there are usually lots of reviews at
    http://sewing.patternreview.com/

Just click on "Sewing and Serger Reviews" on the left. You need to join in order to see older reviews. Joining is free and IMO worth it, as you get to see a lot more reviews.

Power Poster
    I didn't know they made self-threading sergers. That would be so great!

When a thread breaks in the bottom - - -

I've heard that the self threader is OK at first, but then builds up with lint and stops working so effectively. I HATE to rethread! I just use a medium gray for most things!

[quote=Prism99]I'd love to have a self-threading serger too. Have you Googled for reviews? I found these reviews of the Babylock Eclipse:

Sergers-Baby_Lock_Eclipse

I have this serger, love it, self threader and the loopers are a breeze!!!

Blog Entries
    I went to try out the Eclipse and bought an Imagine Wave. I had no intention of buying that day, but the sale price at a very reputable shop - Nancy's Notions of Beaver Dam Wi. was too good to pass up. I had looked online and found wonderful reports about all of the Baby Locks, but I need the threader part so I am thrilled. The ebay price is much higher than I paid with the warranty and classes included. I am so happy!! Thanks for helping me and enjoy your serger.

Blog Entries
    I was told to have it serviced / cleaned each year to avoid that. Seeing as how I need the threading part, I will have that done annually. Thanks