Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Serger Recommendations

I have a Janome Harmony Serger and I love it. I bought it, used, a few years ago and it seems to be out of time now. Since we bought it used it didn't cost us much but the costs to repair the broken looper seems to be 2 or 3 times what we paid for it and my DH is thinking it might be more cost efficient to upgrade.

I have all Janome machines (3 sewing and 1 embroidery). I'm familiar with the machines, our local service place is also a Janome dealer and I really like the customer service there so I'm going to be staying with Janome but not sure which machine to go with. I'm looking at the 1100D, the 1110D and the 1200. Does anyone have any particular reviews or experiences with any of these machines that might help in deciding?

Blog Entries
    I also have only Janome machines. I had the 1110DX for almost a year before trading it in May 1 for the new Horizon 7700. I only traded it because I already have the 1200D and did not need two sergers. I love(d) them both. I never had a problem with the 1110DX. I kept the 1200D because it has a few more bells & whistles and can also do some sewing.