Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Setting antique quilt blocks....

About 8 years ago, I inherited a bundle of old quilt blocks from my grandmother, who was born in 1920. They are 12" hand appliqued dahlia blocks that my great-grandmother (her mother) had made from the dresses she (my grandmother) wore as a child. There are enough blocks there to make 2-3 full/queen size quilts. My plan is to make quilts to leave to my 2 children that can be passed on to their children.

I am so very thankful for the reproduction fabrics now available to set these very special blocks together with.

Any ideas as to the care and directions I can include with the quilts when they are given to my children? :roll:

I don't have any help with that, but am wondering if you have a picture of those beautiful blocks?

Blog Entries
    i would guess that directions for gently cleaning the quilts would work. i, too, would love to see pics of them

I would also like to see pics of the blocks, please. When I dig out the ones found in my parents' basement I will post them. They were possibly assembled and cut in the 50's and 60's.

Good for you...let us see pics and all I can say is Woolite.

Handmade items should be hand washed. Cool or lukewarm water. Soak. Swish suds through, and gently squeeze water out, but Do Not Wring; Do not tumble in electric dryer. Lay flat to dry; for example, Place a white sheet (not in the direct sunlight) underneat your wet antique quilt, to keep it clean while it dries.

I would love to send pics but I'm new to the computer and Quilting Board and I don't know how to download pics onto this sight or anywhere else. I'm lucky I figured out how to comment on this sight.

If anyone out there could tell me how to do it, I'd be eternally grateful! :?

Super Member just_the_scraps_m'am's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36888-1.htm

click on above link & we'll all be happy...LOL

glad you found us!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skrucker
    I would love to send pics but I'm new to the computer and Quilting Board and I don't know how to download pics onto this sight or anywhere else. I'm lucky I figured out how to comment on this sight.

Blog Entries
    yes, let me find the link that explains how to post pictures here on the quilting board,

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-429-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by skrucker

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast