Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sew Day

Looks like we're going home early today. Some reports say we can expect as much as 5" of snow. No big deal for most folks - but here in Houston it is definitely a big deal. Sewing room here i come. Of course, I'll have to stop long enough to build a snowsomething :P

I am so envious. We were expecting about an inch, which really would close down San Antonio because the last time we saw any snow was in 1985. But the latest reports this morning are that we MIGHT get a few flurries. Darn!

Quote Originally Posted by SewCin
    Looks like we're going home early today. Some reports say we can expect as much as 5" of snow. No big deal for most folks - but here in Houston it is definitely a big deal. Sewing room here i come. Of course, I'll have to stop long enough to build a snowsomething :P
    We had about 2-3 inches yesterday, with a little wind. Fortunately , no big drifts anywhere, but the guys were able to get the corn out on my son's land. Clear and cold last night, sunshine today, but still cold...not warm enough so the snow sticks to build a snowsomething. ( I like that term!) We still have about 100+ acres of crop to take out. I'll be glad when we are done!

well ya'll just send it on east! Here where I am in SC it HAS to come up from the Gulf before we get anything. So send it on. My kids really want snow!

Hope you have a fabulous day of sewing!!!
    No snow here, ever. We are supposed to see some rain come monday. I hope so!!!

Smiling in Houston, also. It rains awhile and it snows awhile. Don't think that there will be any snowmen, it is turning to water here as soon as it hits the ground. I did take a few pictures to document this strange event.

Blog Entries
    Ooo--a sew day--sweet!!

I want a sew day!! I am jealous. Sadly we just dont see that much snow in this part of Utah....just lots of cold. It was -3 on my way to work this morning. Oh how I wished I was home by the fire working on the baby quilt I am hand quilting!

Last night I beleive we got 5 inces in like 3 hours?? then it continued to snow off and on through the night and some today. The bad thing here is that it is so normal that I won't get a sew day!!!! isn't that just crazy! everyone needs a day now and then.

Gosh, I didn't know Houston got snow. It's rainey and cold here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast