Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249? >

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:54 AM

I am looking for a sewing table and need your honest opinions on the SewEzi Sewing Table. I have a small sewing space, but am also looking for portability, especially between rooms in a small house. Does it shake as you sew? Will it last a long, long time? Thank you for your replies.

http://www.seweziusa.com/index.html
Old 05-21-2011, 11:58 AM

Was also thinking of getting one - will be watching to see what other people have to say
Old 05-21-2011, 12:04 PM

I like the table; ;however, wonder what shipping/handling would add to this cost. I would think some place like local fabric stores might have something similar if you can wait until good sale or online sales that offer free shipping for this price item. Just MHO. Do like to portability features.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

I have a portable table, different from this one. It is very sturdy and doesn't shake when I sew.It has two single legs on one end, and one leg on the other that is made of two tubes welded together, that split apart towards the bottom.
I picked it up at the Goodwill for $10 :D:D:D
Old 05-21-2011, 12:08 PM

You can get a better one than that for a lot less. I paid $125 and got free shipping but i can't remember where I bought it but I have seen the same table in all the quilting catalogs and I get them all. I know I've seen it in the Nancy's Notions catalog. It's very portable, doesn't wobble and I think was worth every penny.
do a search at
Nancy's Notions for sewing tables and it's the in the first row, far right. It's the one I have and I really like it and it's half the price of the sew ezi,
Old 05-21-2011, 12:15 PM

What about the one Leah day uses, She also sells them on her sits. She often has them on sale for 129.00 with free shipping.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:23 PM

Thank you for your quick replies. I live on The Big Island of Hawaii. We do not have Michael's or Joann's. We only have limited fabric stores.

Karenpatrick-I did check out Nancy's Notions, but that table is pressboard. Unfortunately, pressbboard doesn't stand up well in the tropics! Thank you for the reply.

raedar63-How can I see the table you referred to by Leah Day?
Old 05-21-2011, 12:25 PM

Love my Sew Ezi but shipping would probably be prohibitive. Got it Paducah w/ free shipping.
Love the wheels and the fact that it will accomodate lots of different machines. Also had templates for other machines cut at local glass store.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:27 PM

I think the table that Leah Day sells on her site is the same as the one at Nancy's Notions. It's the Arrow table and you can find them at a lot of places. I have it. I thought it wasn't a good table until I discovered that I didn't have a metal clip clipped down completely in place. Google Leah Day and you'll find her site.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:32 PM

If you can't locate one on the islands, how about a small wooden table (many times found at yard sales). I bought one and had my husband cut the hole so my machine is flush with the table. Eleanor Burns has a video on her site showing how to make this. The only problem being it would not be portable. :)