Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Mates sewing table extensions >

Sew Mates sewing table extensions

Sew Mates sewing table extensions

Old 09-07-2010, 04:42 AM

Morning,
I was wondering if any of you have purchased Sew Mates sewing machine extension tables? I had some time over the weekend and found this site - they look great and solve the problem for those of us who have more than one machine that we use. They are totally adaptable for most machines. They come in different sizes and it looks like it would be a wonderful addition to a quilter's/sewing studio accessory. If any of you have any input I would be more than happy to hear what you think about them.
Thanks,
Sue
Old 09-07-2010, 05:19 AM

I will be watching for answer too, as i've been looking at these myself.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Power Poster

I have never seen them.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ohstr
Morning,
I was wondering if any of you have purchased Sew Mates sewing machine extension tables? I had some time over the weekend and found this site - they look great and solve the problem for those of us who have more than one machine that we use. They are totally adaptable for most machines. They come in different sizes and it looks like it would be a wonderful addition to a quilter's/sewing studio accessory. If any of you have any input I would be more than happy to hear what you think about them.
Thanks,
Sue
I have a Sew Mates extension table! I LOVE it!
Not only is the table great, but the people who own the company are GREAT, too! ]
I had a problem with the back piece of the table not fitting right for my machine. Becky (one of the owners) had me take a picture of the back of my machine along with the measurements. She sent me a new back piece free of charge and told me to keep the original back piece...in case I ever had a sewing machine it might fit!

Now that is customer service. Very friendly people to deal with...would HIGHLY recommend!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Please post the link! I have a Sew-Steady that I love but sure wish it was adaptable to my other machine and the one I have on layaway.

Aah, I think it's called "Sewing Mates". They look really useful and great! Wish I could afford it!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 PM

I bought the Mini one last year because that's all I could afford. I would have liked a larger one, but it's better than nothing. I use it all the time. The flat surface is handy for piecing too.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:03 PM

You can put a night light under the table and use it as a light table to (for transferring patterns to fabric!)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:35 AM

I just went to their site and checked out all of the diff. sizes. About 5 yrs ago I purchased an extension table for my Bernina 930, yes, she is an antique, I bought her in 1985 and still love her, I use both all the time. My table is portable, but only fits my Bernina. I have been wanting to get an extension table to fit my Featherweight I purchased early in the summer. I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of these, and apparently I will be able to use with both of these machines. I guess I could use it with my old Singer Touch and Sew that I haven't used in YEARS, and also with my Serger and my mother's old Singer she bought in 1941, it was a tredle that she converted when she added a motor to it,that I learned to sew on. I haven't used it since I brought it home after my mother passed away, but I won't give it up either. For those of you who have these tables, do you think that one of these will work on all of these machines? I didn't ask at the site, but will if no one knows the answer to this question. I think I would be ahead if I purchase one, to go with the 24/24. I love the size I currently have with my table it is a 23/24.
Another question, at the site I understood that these table won't scratch up. My current table has scratches on it from pins near the throat plate area.
Thanks for posting this site.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
I just went to their site and checked out all of the diff. sizes. About 5 yrs ago I purchased an extension table for my Bernina 930, yes, she is an antique, I bought her in 1985 and still love her, I use both all the time. My table is portable, but only fits my Bernina. I have been wanting to get an extension table to fit my Featherweight I purchased early in the summer. I am seriously thinking of purchasing one of these, and apparently I will be able to use with both of these machines. I guess I could use it with my old Singer Touch and Sew that I haven't used in YEARS, and also with my Serger and my mother's old Singer she bought in 1941, it was a tredle that she converted when she added a motor to it,that I learned to sew on. I haven't used it since I brought it home after my mother passed away, but I won't give it up either. For those of you who have these tables, do you think that one of these will work on all of these machines? I didn't ask at the site, but will if no one knows the answer to this question. I think I would be ahead if I purchase one, to go with the 24/24. I love the size I currently have with my table it is a 23/24.
Another question, at the site I understood that these table won't scratch up. My current table has scratches on it from pins near the throat plate area.
Thanks for posting this site.
According to their website, it will fit a Featherweight. Here's the link:

http://sewingmates.com/table_models.htm#singer
Old 09-08-2010, 10:17 AM

Thanks bunches. I will definitely check it out further and look into getting one for that machine, and hoping it will fit all of my others.