Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sew PRECISE Sew FAST Machine Binding DVD from Quilters Touch?

Blog Entries

Sew PRECISE Sew FAST Machine Binding DVD from Quilters Touch?

Has anyone seen this DVD or used the technique? I am always looking for ways to improve my machine binding. The DVD is only 45 minutes long so I'm not sure it's worth the money. There's also a booklet for $9 that goes through the steps. Here is a link to the DVD I am looking at:
    http://www.sewthankful.com/SewPrecis...ngDVD.html#731

Aside from the water-dissolving thread and special foot, I think the technique requires some kind of yarn.

I finalyy got beautiful bindings with nicely mitered corners by following exactly Sharon Schamber's method. She is on You Tube . Search for her there. It is free!

Blog Entries
    Doesn't Sharon Schamber finish her bindings by hand? I am trying to avoid hand sewing on bindings so am looking for a completely machine approach. I do use the glue basting technique that Sharon demonstrates and it has helped my bindings a lot, but I am still looking for a more accurate way to complete bindings by machine. My bindings look pretty good, just not as perfect as I would like.

Blog Entries
    A queen size quilt takes 2-3 hours to bind by machine? I can do it in that time period by hand!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    This is on the website: This technique uses water soluble thread. You must be able to submerge your quilt in water to dissolve the water soluble thread.

I'm sure the same techniques are on youtube in one form or another. Do a search for the DVD on quilting blogs. I am always amazed at the info there is on quilt blogs.

Got fabric?

I don't think you really need the DVD. Check out UTube for videos. I have problems with my hands so I always put my bindings on by machine. Its so quick. I will sew the binding on the back and finish it by machine on the front. My bindings come out perfectly every time. It just comes with practice. Some of my friends do it this way but use fancy stitches on the front and its looks great.

Blog Entries
    I'll say this from experience, that no matter what method you use, it will take several quilts to get the process perfected.

Nan
    http://napquilting.com/
    http://alturl.com/euusk

My GOAL is always to ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

That talks about a 1/4" binding - that is really narrow! I agree with quiltinghere - it will take a while to gain the expertise you want to achieve.