Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: sew, sew, sew!

You're not obsessed or possessed... you're a quilter...

oh,I've had those times to just anxious to finish a project or try out a new idea.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

oh,I've had those times to just anxious to finish a project or try out a new idea.We could be doing lot worse things with our time. we are just productive
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

Just watched my 3 grandchildren while Mom & Dad delivered #4. I am tooooooo old for this job! My body aches and I want to sew sew sew, but I can't do much at all for a day or 2. I had forgotten what it was like to dress, feed and keep happy...a 6, 3 and 1 1/2 year old. I had 4 kids, and I don't know why mine think they need to copy me! Ahhhh.
    Enjoy all your sewing!

Why in the world would anyone expect a quilter to wash dishes, cook, do laundry, mop floors, host parties, or sleep? If they find a cure I'll barricade myself behind the sewing machine and dare anyone to get past the bins of fabric. So there.
    Life is made up of bits and pieces. You won't know how it'll turn out till its done.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    Quote Originally Posted by JanTx View Post
    It's 1:00 AM and I have to be at work at 7:00 - sew, sew, sew
    I just finished a project, but then I started another - sew, sew, sew
    Two hanging over chairs all sandwiched and waiting to be quilted - sew, sew, sew
    Even the dog is whining cause I'm not in bed, but I sew, sew, sew
    My back is starting to hurt, but I sew, sew, sew
    Four-year-old grandboy staying with us for the next two weeks - he's sleeping soundly now, so I sew, sew, sew

Is this a disease? Am I obsessed or possessed?
    Hmm.. ALL of the above ! LOL AND a person who loves to sew/quilt !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

The longest I have had to stay up to finish a quilt was two years ago when I was still working; I stayed up three days and two nights. Went to work, sewed all night, went to work,sewed all night and all next day. I was so obsessed with meeting the deadline that I didn't allow myself to fall asleep while sewing OR at work!! I wouldn't suggest anyone making a bad habit of that. It's ridiculous and bad for your health!!

Well, like so many things - it's different than when I was younger. After that long night of sew, sew, sewing - I think I went to bed between 3 and 4:00 AM - the next night I was in bed by 9:00. Used to I could do 3 -4 nights in a row - now two is pushing it!

A dear friend and I are going on a quilt retreat later in June and plan to stay up until 2:00 sewing and then sleep until 10! We'll see if that works. I can see the 2 AM happening, but 8:30 is about the latest I can sleep in these days.
    So many quilts, so little time.

There are a lot worse things you could be doing at 1am... like bar hopping or sleeping with someone else's hubby! You're just hooked on quilting, not a bad thing!
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl SUMMER SALE: All quilts 20% off thru 7/31.

Smiling increases your 'face value'!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5