Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: sewing all weekend.

I'm not in storm territory but hopefully will end up sewing all weekend yesterday. Went out to dinner on a whim and passed the LQS with a huge sign: 50% off EVERYTHING all day tomorrow!

Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!
    sew, sew, route, sew some more... enjoy and stay safe with the storm... My son & DDIL are on the Coast in NC ~ worrying about them because the Marine Base isn't doing evac. :(

I've gone to the store, and you would have thought they were giving away milk, water and bread. The place was mobbed, and I'm in upstate NY, about 2-1/2 hours north of NYC. They're saying that this is going to be a "storm for the textbooks," so this will be a good weekend to stay in and sew ... as long as we have power! :-)

I was, many decades ago, planning to make my sewing room in the attic. Unfortunately way too hot in summer and way too cold in winter - my mechanical machine (at the time) wouldn't even run in winter. So, the spare room is now my sewing room. We're waiting for the storm. I have plenty of machine sewing to do as long as we have power and plenty of hand quilting to do if we don't!

I will be quilting a very large Lover's Knot quilt this weekend while doing laundry and a little housecleaning. We are going to have wonderful weather, although we could use some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle
    I will be quilting a very large Lover's Knot quilt this weekend while doing laundry and a little housecleaning. We are going to have wonderful weather, although we could use some rain.
    How funny is that!? So am I! I plan on getting the quilt loaded on the frame tomorrow morning...doing large pebbling in the borders, so it will take a while I am afraid! How big is yours? Hopefully the electricity will not go out!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2