Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sewing Cabinet

Blog Entries
    I bought my Horn cabinet at Ken's sewing center in Ala...love it, the back flips up for a cutting table, lots of sewing space...google him and it will pop up

I made my own and bought a door and cabinet from a resale shop. Whole thing put together for less than $47.00!

Blog Entries
    Check out your local thrift shops. I've bought both of mine for less than $30.00 each, one even had an old Singer in it! There both made of REAL wood and very sturdy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorful Quilter
    I have the same one from Walmarts..and I too would rather spend on fabric!!!
    Me too, I have one too. I'm using totes for the stuff that doesn't fit in my cabinet.

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone. I was hoping for one used. Maybe someone is not sewing anymore.

I guess I've got a low tech sewing table set-up. I use a rectangle kitchen table that my daughter didn't want for sewing,cutting,and quilting. Then I bought really great 5 drawers on wheels from WalMart.The drawers are almost clear so I can see what's in them at a glance. They also have wheels so They can move around wherever I need them.I made a list of what I needed a space for and ended up buying 3. I didn't consider the expensive stuff. Instead I saved my money and bought the best scissors,rotary cutters,rulers,and cutting mats,and definately the best chair to sit and work in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2