Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing in camper >

Sewing in camper

Sewing in camper

Old 06-21-2016, 07:16 PM

Wow that is small, you could always sew on a table outside, it looks like fun..
Old 06-21-2016, 07:57 PM

Not much of a camper, I actually love staying in motels and eating out! But I do go to the shooting range on occasion with my husband when he has a long distance shoot. I sit in the truck and do applique or paper piecing. I think there's more room and it's comfortable!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:49 AM

We actually built a teardrop camper 1-1/2 years ago. It turned out nice, but unfortunately, we quickly outgrew it after only 2 or 3 trips. My bad knees made it difficult for me to get in and out of it. The only sewing that could be done inside it would be handwork, but you could always take a machine with you and sew on a table outside. I enjoy beading as well as quilting, so I took a bunch of beading supplies with me one time and sat outside and made bracele ts right beside a white-water rafting river. Pretty cool ... literally!

We're now converting a cargo trailer into a camper. It's 6'x12', and there's room to stand up inside it. (No more climbing out of the teardrop to go potty in the middle of the night! LOL!) There's also enough space for a fol ding table, so I could sew inside it if I wanted to. We're scrambling to finish up the "loose ends" this week, because we're leaving this weekend for an 11-day camping trip. DH is on his usual 12-hour work shifts, and the plumbing isn't even done yet!

Hope you enjoy your teardrop. They're a lot of fun! They're amazing conversation-starters, so be prepared to get LOTS of attention from curious people!