Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Chair ?

I'm a dining room quilter at this time. No room anywhere else in the house until kids start moving out. I can only sew for a while and my back is killing me. I'm know the table is to high but I wonder if a different chair would at least help til I can get the space for the right table. What kind of chair would you all suggest?

I have a 4 legged wooden stool. I found one that the bottom fit my bottom, then had my honey cut off the legs a little at a time until the height was perfect for me. Nuthin' fancy, but I like it.

Blog Entries
    How about a computer chair? They adjust up and down and are gennerally very comfortable. Plus you can roll around to the ironing board and cutting table.

I use a cheap, no arm, adjustible computer desk chair. Well worth the 39 dollar price.

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Computer chair

A computer chair....why didn't I think of that. I bet it will get stolen and the kids will have it in front of the computer!

Blog Entries
    I bought mine at a discount store for $10.00. BUT I had to spend about an hour getting the white dog hair (terrier or some sort) off of it. I had to use heavy duty TAPE to remove.

Write on the back of it "MOM'S QUILTING CHAIR!!! REMOVE UPON PENALTY OF NO ALLOWANCE" and I bet it stays put! lol

I got desk chairs at our universities surplus store. You wouldn't believe the pargains you can get from desks, to shelving , to chairs, binders. go online and check out surplus with your universities name. Hope yours has one and you find tons of bargains.

Shelly,

I defineately recommend an office chair that is adjustable. I have gotten them at yard sales, second hand stores and finally Staples. They often have sales of less than $100. It is the best money you will ever spend. To sew, serge and embroider I have my chair in the middle between two tables. The serger and embroidery machine are on one wall. The sewing machine is on a table that is in free standing so I have room to drape quilt projects. I swivel my chair back and forth between the machines. I have a chronic autoimmune disease that makes me have major muscle problems. The chair allows me to sew longer as I can sit at the height etc. best to relieve any kind of arm, neck and back strain. My sewing tables are fold up ones from Staples also. My husband who is a machinest cut the legs down to make them just the right height for me. The chair I use at my computer is one of the ones I got second hand for about $20. It would have probably cost several hundred dollars new.

Good luck

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast