Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Chair

When I sew I get a backache in my upper back and I wonder if it is from my chair (plus my tension!). I'm wondering what types of chairs other people use. Mine is a casual dining chair which rocks, turns and is on wheels. Sounds good, right?

I am considering purchasing the "gypsy sit upon" to lift myself up higher and have a more comfortable seat. I have also seen that people put things under their machine to tilt it forward. Helps with backache

did you see the chair tips on this thread?
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-147223-1.htm#4027369

I have an old chair from a government surplus auction...it's actually very comfortable. It's one of those metal waiting room chairs with a thick cushion seat and back.

I've been using an adjustable office chair. Has helped alot!!!

Blog Entries
    I was going to buy one of the gypsy sit upon but I found at Meijer the same thing in the exercise aisle and it is made by "The Firm" for $15. Someone else found one at Walmart made by Danskin. I sit on mine all the time and I don't have any lower back aches. I did find at first that I was sore in my sides but that is because it is making me use my core muscles to sit up straight (which is a good thing!) Oh and I have just adjustable task chair from Office Depot.

Blog Entries
    I spent the money on an adjustable office chair with lumbar support. It has paid off for me. Yes, I still get neck tension but that's from hunching over. My lower back has been in tip-top shape.

Thanks for the link. I'm brand new here and I don't know my way around the site yet. Some good ideas! Now if I can just find them again when I need them! :wink:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by latebloomer33
    Thanks for the link. I'm brand new here and I don't know my way around the site yet. Some good ideas! Now if I can just find them again when I need them! :wink:
    You can bookmark posts that you want to review again and again. If you look on the upper Left corner, above the first post there is a spot to bookmark Watch just click on bookmark and don't forget to push save!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by latebloomer33
    Just follow the link to the tips then bookmark the page (click the tab labelled 'bookmark' at the top left ;')

I use an adjustable office chair, tilt my machine, and when I need a break, I use my shiatsu massage cushion!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast