Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sewing challenge

Has anyone ever heard of or participated in a swap where you send a person a piece out of your stash and they create something out of it and send it back to you? I heard about this and think it would be fun. There are guidelines allowing you to add other fabrics/notions but limiting what may be spent. I think I might try with my sister to see what happens. What do you think?

I have and did very well, but unfortunately I saw other people get very disappointed because the craftmanship was poor, they added colors that were to the dislike of the other participant and didn't like their choice of project. When you enter a challenge like this you have to open your mind to the idea that the person may make something you don't like. Is always a good idea to include a note if you really dislike something, like :I have to many table runner, or not another tote, etc. The most creative one I saw was the work Quilt. The letters were cut out of foam and the fabric used to cover the foam. They were held together by a small rope. I thought it was creative and the recipient was in tears because it was not quilted. She was expecting a quilt. Be open minded.

Isn't this what the boomerang swap is? I've not participated in it, but sounds like fun.