Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: ???? sewing Dear Jane triangles in rows????

???? sewing Dear Jane triangles in rows????

I finished the triangles and will have to clean the pp mess first before I will sew them together.
    Do you have tips for doing so? Has anyone ever tried to sew the triangles on a strip of thin muslim to prevent distortion? How did you do it?
    thanks a lot
    Granny

I would think starching the pieces and pressing them would give you some stability.
    my name is becca and i'm a quilt-a-holic :-)

you can foundation piece your triangles if that works well for you- or just starch/press well, make sure you have a nice new sharp needle in your machine & use lots of pins...personally i prefer the foundation method- but if you plan to hand quilt your DJ quilt---the foundation does make that process more difficult.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

What do you use for foundation and it is not possible to cut it away after your done with a row? BTW.........the triangles are stiff from starch! lol

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Christmas surely cannot come to the Granny homestead, til Dear Jane is complete!
    (AS IF!!!!!!!!!!)

I have no DJ experience or knowledge .... though for times when stability is wanted, but not a muslin layer, I know some people have used paper and then just tore it away.

Also, being that your triangles are so stiff from the starch .... maybe that's enough?

(yes, I am behind on my email ..... later today, but first I'm off to a Christmas)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~