Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing feet question >

Sewing feet question

Sewing feet question

Old 10-23-2015, 03:01 AM

Default Sewing feet question

Does anyone know if snap on feet for Husqvarna machine will work on babylock machines?
Old 10-23-2015, 04:28 AM

Don't know....personally, I do not trade feet from brand to brand...could cause major probs --I have BL, Viking, brother and singer...safer to use feet made for that machine......but wouldn't it be a dreamworld if they were all interchangeable
Old 10-23-2015, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Don't know....personally, I do not trade feet from brand to brand...could cause major probs --I have BL, Viking, brother and singer...safer to use feet made for that machine......but wouldn't it be a dreamworld if they were all interchangeable
Most feet will not. However, Brother and Babylock can and do fit. Janome has been making the Bernette line for Bernina. At one time, Brother made the embroidery machines.

You can sometimes use a foot that has an ankle for low or high shank. I have an old Elna foot with a shank/ankle that's been on most of the low shank machines I've had. I just have to remember I have a 9 millimeter machine. Creative feet gives you the specific ankle for the foot.

I always double check after installing the ankle. Sometimes the center isn't lined up exactly in the center, but if the needle isn't hitting and the feed dogs are pulling the fabric, by using the flywheel, I wouldn't use the foot.