Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing kit pattern >

sewing kit pattern

sewing kit pattern

Old 02-28-2011, 05:17 AM

Does any one know of a good tutorial on how to make a fabric sewing kit?? I want to make one for a quilting friend. THanks
Old 02-28-2011, 06:14 AM
Power Poster

http://www.quiltingboard.com/search....ing+kit&u=&s=0

I did a search on the board and there are several possibilities. Click on the above link and see if this helps:)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:57 PM

Thanks for the link. I know that their are possibilities
Old 03-01-2011, 05:13 AM

Make a quick one out of a prequilted placemat. Just fold up the bottom 3 inches, sew divisions for sewing notions. Add a ribbon about a foot long that you sew through the center on one end, roll it up and tie closed. Quick, cheap, and useful. I also added a little pincushion with a piece of plastic behind it so the pins wouln't poke through above the folded part and a little needle book on the other end, but that's up to you.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:01 AM

I got a pattern called Travel Case. that is very easy to make.it only uses 2/3 yard or 3FQ.Maybe you can send an email.This is the email on the back of the pattern.
Email:[email protected] here is the item# p3-116,in case you need it.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 AM

HI! I can't believe this tutorial is still available,remember making mine almost 18years ago and still use it! http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/busy-bags.shtml
Thanks, Sondray for posting site; seeing it brought back great memories! I made the bag because I had joined the American Sewing Guild and was a member of one of the neighborhood groups; needed a sewing kit to take to our meetings.
Made mine slightly different by adding handles so I could carry it like a purse, and a zipper so I could put things in the bag without putting them in the ziploc bags. Only thing I would do differently now if I made another one is use two zippers instead of one. The bag would open better if two zippers were used, the zippers meeting in the center.
Thanks so much for being up this topic, it was great going back to those days and remembering when I made the bag. Chris
Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by seweasy
HI! I can't believe this tutorial is still available,remember making mine almost 18years ago and still use it! http://www.ufo-rphanage.com/busy-bags.shtml
Thanks, Sondray for posting site; seeing it brought back great memories! I made the bag because I had joined the American Sewing Guild and was a member of one of the neighborhood groups; needed a sewing kit to take to our meetings.
Made mine slightly different by adding handles so I could carry it like a purse, and a zipper so I could put things in the bag without putting them in the ziploc bags. Only thing I would do differently now if I made another one is use two zippers instead of one. The bag would open better if two zippers were used, the zippers meeting in the center.
Thanks so much for being up this topic, it was great going back to those days and remembering when I made the bag. Chris
Donna Dewberry did this on her show that I watched yesterday on the create channel. It was episode #310.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by seweasy
These make up nicely using a placemat for the main part.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

thanks!