Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machine Carriers >

Sewing Machine Carriers

Sewing Machine Carriers

Old 01-27-2015, 07:54 PM

Default Sewing Machine Carriers

I hope I'm posting in the right section. I have been searching for a Tutto sewing machine carrier for my new Babylock Aria. The dealer I purchased my machine says I need a 2XL but when I went on to the Tutto official site which listed which models fit each of their sizes it said the Aria fits the 1XL size. Does anyone have the Aria AND use the Tutto carriers? Which size do you use? And does either the 2XL or the 1XL come in turquoise or lime green? I've been researching on line and have only seen black, red or purple. The prices vary greatly between the two sizes and the lowest price I've seen is from Quilt Addict for $210. I'm riding the fence because there are 2 Sew Craft festivals coming nearby in San Mateo and Sacramento. Should I wait hoping to find a better deal. Any advice?
Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 PM

I had a Babylock Crescendo and it fit in an XL Tutto.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:02 PM

$210??? Ouch!

I paid $25 for a rolling tool case at Harbor Freight. Fits my Brother 1500 perfectly, has pockets for scissors/rulers etc, an extendable handle, and wheels. $210 is a ripoff. Just my opinion, worth what you paid for it!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:06 PM

I cannot speak to size requirements, but I LOVE my tutto bag. Been using it for over a decade. Still looks and works like new.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:17 AM

I love Tutto rolling cases - nothing else compares or comes close, especially with arthritis and a bad back!

I have two - one for my Sewing Machine and one for my Embroidery Machine. For size, I went with Tutto's website recommendations for my machines, and they fit perfectly. By the way, Wal-Mart.com sometimes has them and my local sewing machine store matched the low price. And the 2nd one I bought was for Joannes using a 50% off with free shipping coupon.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:34 AM

Thanks for the responses. As far as pricing goes, my thinking is if I'm gonna spend big $$ on a machine that is going to last me the next 15 years I need to purchase a quality carrier that is going to last as long and will be easy to maneuver. I checked out several and even tried one a friend purchased that fit my machine nicely (without room for the extension table) and the price was right $129 but I don't like the way you pull it along. It has wheels on the back side and legs on the front. That means pulling this heavy machine on an angle and hoping my hand does not accidently let go. I can just picture the damage that would do to my machine. The Tuttos are made so that you are walking it along, not pulling it. I did check out Wal-Mart and Joann's as well as several other places and none of those places have the larger sizes. Amazon has the XL and XXL but still pricey. Would love to find exactly the color I want and would be willing to pay the higher price if, and that is a big if, I could get a lime or turquoise one. Everyone has black or red. Thanks for your tips. Keep them coming and I'll keep looking.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

Tutto is made to last and to protect the machine. I found one at a thrift store for a few dollars in the luggage section. Now I look at all thrift stores. If it looks like luggage it's sold with luggage. LOL I'm glad I found the thrift store one. Now I know why they cost more and they are worth it. It's like cars. I drive a 2014 Caddy. My friend drives a vintage Volkswagon Bug. We get to the same place but I feel safer in my car.

Last edited by Onebyone; 01-28-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
I had a Babylock Crescendo and it fit in an XL Tutto.
Thanks for this information Michelle. I'm a new Crescendo owner and wondered about this.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:47 PM

I shop at thrift stores all the time and would be very excited if I found a Tutto. I'm afraid thrift stores near me are a little too savvy and if one came in it would be snatched up in a heartbeat. Lucky you though.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

I like Savers thrift stores. They are so big with constant turnover, labels don't mean anything unless it's for the young as that is all that works in the ones here. I found a brand new Vera Bradley large tote for $6 in the baby section.