Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sewing machine help please

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    203
    Blog Entries
    9
    I have a white sewing machine. Nothing fancy. It has started not sewing. I mean I sew and everything goes along good. I finish a seam and look at it and it looks good top and bottem and then I realize it pulls right out. A little tug on either top or bottom thread and it all comes out. I have re threaded a SILLION times. it is right. I took out bobbin case and holder and oiled it. I changed stitches NOTHING helps. WHAT could be wrong. Is something broken?? What could be wrong.
    I honestly thought I had somehow lost part of the bobbin case holder but that is not the case and it is back in right. The stitches look right and I have not changed the tension. they LOOK good.

  2. #2
    Super Member mhunt1717's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    1,510
    Is the needle facing the right way for your machine? It makes a big difference in mine, but it's not a White!

  3. #3
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,108
    Blog Entries
    1
    Try changing your bobbin, my machine will do this if the plastic bobbin has a burr on it or it did not wind properly :D:D:D

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,410
    Blog Entries
    3
    Sounds as though your tension needs to be adjusted. I've had that happen to me.

  5. #5
    Super Member icon17's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington,State
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmK
    I have a white sewing machine. Nothing fancy. It has started not sewing. I mean I sew and everything goes along good. I finish a seam and look at it and it looks good top and bottem and then I realize it pulls right out. A little tug on either top or bottom thread and it all comes out. I have re threaded a SILLION times. it is right. I took out bobbin case and holder and oiled it. I changed stitches NOTHING helps. WHAT could be wrong. Is something broken?? What could be wrong.
    I honestly thought I had somehow lost part of the bobbin case holder but that is not the case and it is back in right. The stitches look right and I have not changed the tension. they LOOK good.
    If All the other things don't work try asking Billy ' Lostn51 '
    8-)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    680
    Did you make sure that the thread in the bobbin is going the correct direction? Have you cleaned the machine? Do you have the needle positioned correctly, do you have a new needle, the correct needle for machine and fabric? Are you making sure the bobbin case is clicked in securely? Have you tried to change the thread to something different? Can you remember what you did before the machine starting not sewing correctly? Is the thread from the top spool coming off the spool in the correction direction?

    There are several tutorials about sewing maintenance. There is a series of videos about sewing maintenance on You Tube that is very helpful and educational, just type in the search area at their site.

    Good luck with getting your machine back to sewing nicely for you. Have you had your machine checked out by your local sewing machine service repairman? Maybe it's time to have her professionally serviced.

    Pam M

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    203
    Blog Entries
    9
    Just checked was so excited that it might be something simple. It was a metal bobbin but I tried a different metal and a plastic still the same!! It does sound like a thrashing machine!! More than it ever did.

    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    Try changing your bobbin, my machine will do this if the plastic bobbin has a burr on it or it did not wind properly :D:D:D

  8. #8
    Super Member irishrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    6,582
    Blog Entries
    19
    If it sounds like a thrashing machine, it's crying for oil. I just tore my 301 down last night and oiled everything I could. It's only been two projects since I last did it.

    The problems you are describing are tension related. Make sure there's no lint in the bobbin area and clean out the tension disks on the top with dental floss, then adjust the tensions slightly. If the top thread is the one that pulls out easily, then it is too tight and the bottom too loose. If the bobbin thread pulls out, then the top is too loose.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    203
    Blog Entries
    9
    I checked the bobbin is in right. Have a new needle different thread cleaned all of those things. I had been sewing and it would sew fine and maybe after about 3 or 4 blocks chain piecing it would sew but then pull out BUT it would start sewing again. So if I had like 10 blocks I was chain piecing when I finished in the middle of them would be 3 or 4 blocks that the stitching fell out on. I will have to see if I can find a repair man. The one I have used in the past is retired and goes to Texas for the summer. When I called him he gave me his son's phone number but I left a message and he never called me back. The other one in town is soooooooooo expensive and won't even look at it for less the $65.00 Not sure it is worth it to pay that and find out it can't be fixed. i will check out towns near by but as far as I know there are not any.


    Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandmK
    I have a white sewing machine. Nothing fancy. It has started not sewing. I mean I sew and everything goes along good. I finish a seam and look at it and it looks good top and bottem and then I realize it pulls right out. A little tug on either top or bottom thread and it all comes out. I have re threaded a SILLION times. it is right. I took out bobbin case and holder and oiled it. I changed stitches NOTHING helps. WHAT could be wrong. Is something broken?? What could be wrong.
    I honestly thought I had somehow lost part of the bobbin case holder but that is not the case and it is back in right. The stitches look right and I have not changed the tension. they LOOK good.
    If All the other things don't work try asking Billy ' Lostn51 '
    8-)

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    203
    Blog Entries
    9
    Adjust the tension even tho it looks good on both sides?? Upper and lower. Which one should I adjust???
    Quote Originally Posted by luce321
    Sounds as though your tension needs to be adjusted. I've had that happen to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.