Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sewing machine problems >

sewing machine problems

sewing machine problems

Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 AM

You can trade in your old machine right now for $500 toward the 930. I have the 960! and love it. Lots of nice features for quilting. I did buy the new extension table that has the fabric guard on it. It fits so much tighter than the quilter's kit II that I have for the Lily. It was $99 but 20% off. I think that's also true right now, the 20% off on accessories. Go to the website and look at all the promotions going on. You can get 4 years same as cash for the 960Q, that works out to about $55 a month. Pretty good deal. I would also check out the warranty on the one you have. Might be covered.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:24 PM

UPDATE: Took my 870 in this morning and after several phones calls from the Sewing Machine Doc, he has found: tension problems, timing is off, cleaning, needle is off center and now it needs a new "hook" what ever that is. Also tried to fix problem with making button holes When trying to make Ilet I got "9's" instead of circles. He got it to make one but we must do it in reverse. At least it kind of works. LOL. I would not give the Doc up no matter what. He is good and does his best to be fair in pricing. Always calls first and explains what is wrong, what he can fix and about what it will cost. I think we will keep him around a little longer. Even suggested if I was going to buy a new machine to check out the Royal. I told him it wasn't in my budget to be kind to me, LOL
Old 03-17-2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier View Post
UPDATE: Took my 870 in this morning and after several phones calls from the Sewing Machine Doc, he has found: tension problems, timing is off, cleaning, needle is off center and now it needs a new "hook" what ever that is. Also tried to fix problem with making button holes When trying to make Ilet I got "9's" instead of circles. He got it to make one but we must do it in reverse. At least it kind of works. LOL. I would not give the Doc up no matter what. He is good and does his best to be fair in pricing. Always calls first and explains what is wrong, what he can fix and about what it will cost. I think we will keep him around a little longer. Even suggested if I was going to buy a new machine to check out the Royal. I told him it wasn't in my budget to be kind to me, LOL

P>S> I get my machine back Wed. Woo Who!
Old 03-17-2014, 04:16 PM

Is that the cause of the overheating?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by crocee View Post
Is that the cause of the overheating?
He was not sure but did say 6 hours is a long time to sew straight. Actually I thought it was normal. Hoping it just needed cleaning and timing adjustment to take care of that issue. My question was how did the needle get off center? He couldn't answer that one. He did say it was a nice machine one that was made in Sweden yet. Yea! Chalk mark on my side of the board.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:31 PM

I have a Sapphire 875Q - I love my machine - I've had it about 4 yrs - only had one sort of big issue - it had something to do with feed dogs - I got the dealer to stand behind the repair - since then I only bring it in for cleanings and maintenance - I hope mine lasts forever. Good luck with your machine.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
I have a Sapphire 875Q - I love my machine - I've had it about 4 yrs - only had one sort of big issue - it had something to do with feed dogs - I got the dealer to stand behind the repair - since then I only bring it in for cleanings and maintenance - I hope mine lasts forever. Good luck with your machine.
The first big issue with mine was also the feed dogs. After hours of use they would not move. I then had to let the machine sit for a half hour or so and it would work again. That was fixed and I asked him to look and see what he had to fix at that time. There was no charge for me at that time and I have had no further problems with that issue. I really like my machine and talked my best friend into buying one. She left it in the box for 2 years and is just now starting to use it. She says she is really liking it and wonders why it took her so long to get it out of the box. She had an Lilly but it wore out finally.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:54 PM

Crystal ball, crystal ball, of old time lore
Tell me about HER some more

Is there cat in the house
To chase a mouse?

There just might be
Fluffy yellow I see
Old 10-14-2014, 06:59 PM

I don't get it. You're thinking about buying a newer model of a machine that currently gives you trouble...but you "aren't wiling" to replace a cabinet insert? Obviously replacing the machine will cost more, even with a trade in. Plus, why would you think the newer model will be better? Perhaps you should be open to other options
Old 10-15-2014, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by juneayerza View Post
Crystal ball, crystal ball, of old time lore
Tell me about HER some more

Is there cat in the house
To chase a mouse?

There just might be
Fluffy yellow I see
.....??????how does this relate to discussion????