Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sewing machine repair

My husband is trying to find somewhere to take a course on sewing machine repair to start his own business. He has contacted the companies, dealers in our area and no one can offer him anything. The companies don't do anything like that unless he is a dealer and the repair people at the dealers won't give him the time of day. I've seen a couple of courses advertised on the internet but don't know if they are legitimate. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    have him to contact the colleges to see if any online courses he can take

surfing and found this:

1. http://education-portal.com/sewing_m..._training.html

2. http://www.fixsewingmachines.com/

3. http://www.repairsewingmachines.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    craftybear, you are a computer/internet genius. how on earth do you find time to quilt :)

I agree with Nancy; Crafty Bear you're the best. There should be an award for what you do :thumbup: :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Cagey
    My husband is trying to find somewhere to take a course on sewing machine repair to start his own business. He has contacted the companies, dealers in our area and no one can offer him anything. The companies don't do anything like that unless he is a dealer and the repair people at the dealers won't give him the time of day. I've seen a couple of courses advertised on the internet but don't know if they are legitimate. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    talk to Billy he should be able to help him out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagey
    www.whitesewingcenter.com
    Is Ray White's site. He gives seminars around the country and lives in MO. I have attended his repair seminars and can speak for his expertise. He is an old Elna dealer and has great expertise in repair of all brands of machines.
    Tommie