Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: sewing machine

What are you afraid of? Well its just like the first time you picked up a sewing needle except this one has voltage power, and empowers you to do more. I dont know who said it but I like repeating it( it was one of those presidents) We have nothing to fear but fear itself!

Now get away from the computer and go plug her in, turn the light on.....aw now aint she purdy....you dont even need to thread it. Just push on the peddle a little to get the feel for it.....See you can do this!

Looking forward to seeing what you make!

Senior Member hensandhollyhocks's Avatar
    County extension offices usually have someone to help, or maybe a fellow church member?

Where are you located? Are there any board members in your area? If there are, you may want to PM them and perhaps one will come over and help get you started. Manuals are good, but someone showing you is even better!

Just jump right in and play with it! Enjoy it!

tmg
    If you bought it from a dealer. You can see if they offer classes on your machine. That's what I did when I bought my serger. They were really helpful.

Have any friends that sew? One of my friends from work will bring in her machine when she is confused (usually it is the bobbin) and I will show her how to do it (again, we all have different learning curves lol). It takes about 5 min for someone to show you and then have you do it and they can correct you. We sew at lunch together about 4 of us.

Does your sister sew? Does she live near you? If she cant help, maybe you can find a class at your local tech school to help you learn how to sew.

Try your local county extension office or the state university [such as Kansas State University---not Kansas University]---they are very helpful and will help you out---will also teach you how to take care of your machine---clean oil etc

Baby steps. Don't try to learn everything at once. My first sewing machine was a hand-me-down with no instructions. There was no internet then to search. Finally took a class at a local high school.
    Took a long time to get comfortable with it. Now there are so many new things. Give it a kick and have fun

where are you located.
    Maybe someone here is close and can help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast