Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing Machine

I was looking for an embroidery sewing machine. A sewing machine dealer offered me to buy a Singer Futura type CE-250. Do you have any experience with this type of machine? Before I make any commitment, I would very much appreciate your tips on advantages & disadvantages of this machine for quilting projects. I already have an old Singer sewing machine which does some types of zigzag stiches. I would like to have another machine for embroidering. My quilting projects are only for domestic use (myself , family & friends) not for sale. Thanks a lot :D
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    When I was shopping for a new embroidery machine, I read up on all the reviews on http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/Reviews
    and found it was very helpful.

Mary

Blog Entries
    I have the CE-200 and I wish that I would have waited and saved for a little better machine. It does do beautiful embroidery, but the hoops are too small and there are not bigger ones available. Also the other brand name machines have many more functions that I am constantly drooling over.

I have a Brother PE 750 D and love it. It is still small, one thread, but does lots of different things, and came with a cable to plug into the computer. I can go on line and purchase patterns, and then take them right to the machine. Great little machine. It does all I need it to do, since I don't sell anything either. This is my first embroidery machine, so don't know a lot about them. Good luck in finding the right one for you. And have fun!!

Nice machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    When I was shopping for a new embroidery machine, I read up on all the reviews on http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingMachine/Reviews
    and found it was very helpful.

Mary
    Thanks Mary, I have reviewed this web site and you're right it was very helpful. Like Amma said, concerns of the users were the hoop was to small. Now I don't really know what I want to embroider (small or large projects?). Just figured out that how nice it would be if I could add something in my craft designs. I can see that I do need to shop around for more brands and features and wait until I know exactly what I want to do with an embroidery machine. Thank you ladies.