Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    I also have the Singer Quantum L-500 with the built-in walking foot. In my opinion, that's one of the best features of the machine; it works great.

I noticed that the machine is no longer listed on Singer's website, so I guess it is discontinued. I googled and found one for sale on Amazon, if you're still looking.
    They sell them from time to time on HSN but they go fast. They had them a few weeks ago and within a day they were sold out!
    Bernie

The Beautiful Willamette Valley In Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreadHead View Post
    Anyone know if the Baby Lock Asante ESe2 has a duel feed??
    I had an Esante ESE2 until about a year ago when I upgraded to my Elegante Ver IV; the Esante ESE2 did not have a dual feed. I purchased a walking foot for it, which also works with the Elegante. The Esante is a wonderful machine, never had a bit of trouble with it. My DD has it now and it's still working like a dream.
    Shirley
    "We shall pass this way on Earth but once; if there is any kindness we can show, or good act we can do, let us do it now, for we will never pass this way again." Stephen Grellet

Thanks to all of you. There is so many choices out there now. Does any of you know the model of the Juki that has the built in walking foot? I have researched almost all the ones that have been mentioned.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.
    Yes, and Janome is coming out with new models in a couple of weeks. That means prices will drop on the 7700 or there will be good deals to be had on used 7700.
    The Quilting Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Isn't that what the Accufeed on the Janome 6600/7700 is? I know it makes quilting much easier.
    Yup--Janome has them, too!
    http://www.appalachianquilts.blogspot.com
    http://www.quiltweb.net

The Bernina 820 and 830 have what they call dual feed. It acts like a walking foot. They have special feet for them, some even come with the machines.

My Pfaffs do indeed have the walking foot and it makes a lot of difference in the regulation of the stitches.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

The Elna also has a built in walking foot.

I have the Janome 6600 and love the accufeed system... it is wonderful.

I make quilted purses/pouches and frequently find myself sewing many many layers in a very confined space to finish off the bags. I use my walking foot for them all the time b/c it can handle all those bulky seams, but I'm really tired of wrangling those itty bitty bags around the gigantic rear-end on the walking foot. Does a built-in/integrated walking foot have the bulky mechanism at the big like the detachable ones? I have a Baby Lock Decorator's Choice that I really like but lately I have been dreaming of a machine with a larger throat space for FMQ. Perhaps I need to investigate this integrated walking foot feature as well. I haven't looked at new machines in so long I don't even know all the new features available. I'm almost afraid to go look, I will want them all! Hmm...Christmas is coming soon...
    www.makeminepatchwork.etsy.com
    www.zibbet.com/makeminepatchwork

"Piecin' a quilt's like livin' a life...The Lord sends us the pieces, but we can cut 'em out and put 'em together pretty much to suit ourselves, and there's a heap more in the cuttin' and the sewin' than there is in the caliker...I've had a heap of comfort all my life making quilts, and now in my old age I wouldn't take a fortune for them." (Eliza Calvert Hall, Aunt Jane of Kentucky)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast