Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot >

Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot

Sewing Machines with Built in Walking Foot

Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM

The Pfaff IDF is not big and bulky nor are the feet. That is the reason I have a Pfaff. Take a look at them. Pfaff's also has a machine with a bigger bed too.

Last edited by mucky; 11-04-2012 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by mucky View Post
Most built in walking feet except are rather big and bulky. That's why I like the Pfaff.
Me too. Love my Pfaff.
Annie
Old 11-04-2012, 11:16 AM

The mechanism on my Pfaff ia a small lever that engages another small part on the needle shaft. It is nothing like the bulky walking feet that are screwed on. My Viking has one and I feel the same as you - it is just in the way back there. I use the Pfaff for all my piecing and the Viking for my FMQ
Old 12-01-2012, 11:15 PM

There are some great videos on the Janome site and also...here is a link on how to adjust your machine for quilt piecing...I just found these instructions today...I am going to give it a try http://www.janomespecials.com/newmc/hor-lessons.html its number 6 on the sheet. scroll down to it...really good info.
Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
Question regarding the Janome built in walking foot.

My DH recently bought this Janome for me and even took me back up the the LQS so I could ask about that feature but I'm still not sure I "get" it. You have to take the "ankle" off the machine, that was the first huh? moment I had. I'm assuming that's the part that holds the regular foot on?

She then said to lift the lever to the highest position then lower that foot from the back? I tried that once and it wouldn't sew. Could it have been because I had the feed dogs UP?

I'm embarassed to drive up there and ask again so thought I turn to someone on the list who has the machine and can guide me through this.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:24 PM

I am a brand new quilter. I bought this beautiful Janome Memory Craft 7700 and was wondering, "why did this expensive machine not come with a walking foot.?" So I ordered one. Well, the lady that I ordered it from called to tell me that my machine has a built in walking foot. I had no idea what that Dual Feed Foot was for. LOL.....
Old 01-30-2013, 02:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pokeygirl View Post
I am a brand new quilter. I bought this beautiful Janome Memory Craft 7700 and was wondering, "why did this expensive machine not come with a walking foot.?" So I ordered one. Well, the lady that I ordered it from called to tell me that my machine has a built in walking foot. I had no idea what that Dual Feed Foot was for. LOL.....
The lessons that come with the Janome are well worth the time.
You'll learn about the AccuFeed and so much more!
It's never too late to sign up for them.