Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Machines Plus >

Sewing Machines Plus

Sewing Machines Plus

Old 06-13-2015, 12:53 PM

BEWARE...I bought an embroidery machine from them about 2 years ago. It was supposed to come with lots of "free" software and attachments. Much of that was not received with the machine. When I called them some of it was shipped to me. Some of it I was told - we don't offer that anymore. But I had printed the page I ordered from and the confirmation that listed it. The software they first told me they would ship but then said they didn't have it either. Then a week later after 4 more phone calls talking to 5 different people... they send me a software program. But it turned out to be only a 30 day trial not the full version I should have received. In the end I did not get half of what I was supposed to get for the "good price". I gave up calling them after much much frustration.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:09 AM

I bought sewing furniture and machine inserts from them and they were great to deal with. Everything worked/fit as it should. Their customer service was very good. As for buying a machine....I'd stick with a local dealer as there is nothing like one on one personal support.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 AM

I bought my Janome 7700 from them. I had a wonderful experience with them and would buy from them again. I live in Arizona and dealt with the San Diego office.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:49 PM

i bought a few machines from them. They all had problems. Forget about getting service from them, their technician is an idiot who won't talk you anyone on the phone. I had to mail back three machines each time they TRIED to charge me 70 in shipping fees! I called the finance company and they were able to cancel the entire mess. Buy Local and never buy from these thieves!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:48 PM

I bought a machine from them last December. Their price was $300 less than my local dealer, and no sales tax. My local dealer, who I had purchased a $3500 machine from earlier, would not match the price or even come close. Price at local dealer, $999. Price at SMP was $679. Local dealer is obligated to fix it for no charge, as long as it's a warranty item. No problems so far.