Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing Machines for quilting.

Blog Entries

Sewing Machines for quilting.

I am trying to decide what sewing machines I should keep for sewing and quilting... Vintage or new... What do you use ? what sews the best straight lines... I need to weed mine out..........
    Squirrelly Shirley

Wink

Can't answer that question for you but if you want to throw those weeds out...I like weeds. LOL.

Blog Entries
    i stopped counting but i know i have about 30...
    Squirrelly Shirley

What all do you have? (she asked, drooling LOL)

Here, the best straight-stitch machines, hands down, are the Singer 301As. We have two. Among others, I also have a Pfaff with IDT (dual feed); I love that feature but that is all I love about the machine.

Blog Entries
    oh really? I have two of those! one portable and one in cabinet!! I will have to take an inventory again.. I did have one, somewhere but then I stopped.. I will do that this weekend.. I can never b#tch at my husband for collecting...
    Quote Originally Posted by toolazy View Post
    What all do you have? (she asked, drooling LOL)

Here, the best straight-stitch machines, hands down, are the Singer 301As. We have two. Among others, I also have a Pfaff with IDT (dual feed); I love that feature but that is all I love about the machine.
    Squirrelly Shirley

Don't get rid of the 301As! They are awesome .

For piecing it is my vintage singers, hands down. I have a 201, 301, and 401. My go to machine is my 401, use it everyday. For quilting I loved my Viking Mega but she is very sick. Just replaced her with a Brother PQ1500S, using it for the first time this morning and she seems to be doing great, fits on my frame good. I will eventually have the Viking fixed and then will use her as table top quilter.
    Jeanann

PROQUILTINATING : Working on quilting when you should be cleaning, doing laundry, or cooking.

I can not answer that question, I can not seem to get rid of any of my machines! Love them all!!!

My brothers have always pieced well. I love them. I don't have vintage, while they piece fine, there are features you cannot find on vintage, needle threader, thread cutter, knee lift, needle down, pivoting. lighting. I love these on my new machines and would not give that up for vintage, but many love vintage
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D