Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing or quilting shows on TV >

Sewing or quilting shows on TV

Sewing or quilting shows on TV

Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth View Post
We will start taping our new Oregon Quilting series in September, and will have it on 7 channels but also IT WILL BE ON THE WEB SITE of everyone can watch it. Our first programs were part of another series and we weren't able to show much quilting, but did have show and tell.
when we start this September, we will be in charge and will be able to show what we want.
We will be asking for suggestions of what YOU would like to see.
Please let us know when this is available... we're desperate out here... LOL!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 AM

I agree. Alex was also my favorite. Alex got me started on stars, which I dearly love. i used to tape her shows and watch them over and over. She did have great guests. I am a little tired of the shows they put on now. We watch more PBS, or tape shows that are on too late at night, then watch them when we have time to relax. Hope HGTV gets rid of at least half of the home shows.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Bonnie View Post
I used to watch HGTV all the time when Carol Duval and Simply Quilts and a few others were on. Now I never go there!
I'm getting tired of all the channels that I used to love to watch. HGTV is hours of House hunters, I rarely see anything of interest on there anymore. We need more of the old shows back on. Foodnetwork is hours of Diners, Driveins and dives or Resturant Impossible; while I like both of these shows but not when it's hours of them and when it's during prime time. I'm about ready to have cable down graded to just local TV because that's about all I ever watch especially when it's not rerun season. It's not worth paying the high cost for nothing.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by jeank View Post
http://www.qnntv.com/

lots of quilting full length shows. It is now half price for a year. reg 24.00, until Aug 10.
Use code 50FP at check out.

This is owned by Fons & Porter (i think)
less than the price of a magazine.
thank you so much; this has been the answer I've been wanting. I've been wanting to downgrade my cable to just basic which is only about 21 a month for local channels and a few others but I do like the Mon thru Fri quilting shows that come on at 6am. I know that Nancy Z. has free videos on her site that I can watch and I've been checking out the videos on this one that you can do without being a member and I like it so I'm calling cable and lowering my bill; I already lowered my bill by switching my house phone which cost for just phone, no caller ID or long distance or anything 17 a month to Sprint service which is a modem that uses my internet and I got to keep my home # that I had for over 20yrs, I have long distance, caller ID and all for only about 15 a month because I get a discount from the hospital that I work at; normally it would be 20. The other good thing about Sprint's home phone, I can take the modem and phone with me, plug it in to an electrical outlet and my home phone will be where I'm at. So if I'm expecting an important call, I just take my phone with me and I don't have to wait. I could even bring the phone to work with me each day but I like to leave my personal life at home. Anyhow it does save me money and I get more for my money.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:31 AM

I recently signed up to be able to watch QNN.tv for half off using a coupon code. I only paid $12.00 for a YEAR. The code is FP50. I know a few other people also signed up.

http://www.qnntv.com/videos/3483-qui...and-technique/
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM

I agree, HGTV is too much real estate programs, I rarely watch it anymore and other channels have started having the same type of shows on. Don't they realize that most people can't afford that kind of stuff and it makes me angry that people are spending their money on $60K bathrooms instead of finding a better use for their money. I did send a email to HGGTV about their programing and they did respond, and told me that alot of people like the real estate show and not so many the crafts/quilt shows. Maybe us quilter need to tell them how we feel. My local PBS station has started showing the quilting arts program, it is interesting.