Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing or quilting shows on TV

Sewing or quilting shows on TV

What channel on TV are the quilting/sewing shows? I can't seem to find any. They have everything else.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't have any kind of cable TV so I get none, but I watch many online. There are several places to watch for free online. Quilt In A Day, Quilter's TV, YouTube. Look around. You will find many.

Blog Entries
    I get a few on PBS early on Saturday mornings. Too early for me so I watch online.
    Got fabric?

tmw
    look and see if you have a public tv channels, they might have the sewing shows, like sewing with nancy, frons and porter, etc, and their web sites have shows too. like here in az. we can get Kuat tv.
    Thelma

Wish the DIY's and the HGTV would wise up! How many times in this economy can you stand to watch someone demolish a $60,000 bathroom, just to install a $70,000 bathroom. Do these people know they're millions of people out there that are losing their homes! What ever happened to shows like "Carol Duvall" etc.? I used to get quilting and craft shows on the BYU channel, but my cable did away with it.

I used to watch HGTV all the time when Carol Duval and Simply Quilts and a few others were on. Now I never go there!

I was very disappointed when HGTV took off Simply Quilts. Everything I watch now is on PBS but most of them are not as satisfying as Simply quilts was. I do have Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day, Fons and Porter Love of Quilting, Quilting Arts and Sewing with Nancy.

I remember when HGTV and Discovery channel had several sewing/crafting type shows. Now as you say it it all 'real estate' related: House Hunters, Property virgins, home renovations etc..

Although I know that many shows can be seen on the computer, I don't enjoy watching them on my computer. I sit at a computer all day and the last thing I want to do when I get home is sit in front of another computer. I used to tape Simply quilts and turn it on while I was quilting. If something really interesting came on, I would stop sewing and watch the program.

I record Fons and Porter and Sewing With Nancy since they air on PBS at 3am when I am sleeping! I miss Simply Quilts also. That was my favorite show and I learned so much from Alex and her guests.

I tivo Fons and Porter but I don't see anymore listings coming up after this morning show. I watch Nancy too. I've only recently started to watch them.

But you can always join here and see a lot of shows for a low/monthly fee...

http://www.thequiltshow.com/

OR this one
    http://www.qnntv.com/videos/3483-qui...and-technique/
    Last edited by nygal; 08-01-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

PBS channels usually saturday morning here in cali

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast