Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Room Floor

When I moved in, I pulled up all the carpet, and have no regrets. I wasn't quilting then. I just really hate carpet. The dog I had when I moved in would leave hair in every corner. The guy I have now doesn't shed. I have a couple of area rugs, as the place looks funny without something..

I have always had carpet -- never thought a thing about it because we have never been in a position to replace it. Hmmmm -- might be something to think about except it is a pretty cold room. I could probably swing wood look vinyl.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    am doing the same to my room am going cork, you can find them at home depot and lowes.

I have carpet & have no problem with pins but it is always covered with threads. I don't care for laminate and plan to use cork when I switch rooms. My sewing room is upstairs & hardwood would be too loud.

Wood, laminate or tile definitely. Carpet, bah humbug!
    Kitsy

My sewing room is in the lower level of our condo. We have cold winters and the floor gets cold. I have a thicker pile carpet now (that's what came with the condo) but I'm looking at those flat carpet tiles. Has anyone used them. I thought it might be warmer than laminate and have still have some of the advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryLane View Post
    I have carpet & have no problem with pins but it is always covered with threads. I don't care for laminate and plan to use cork when I switch rooms. My sewing room is upstairs & hardwood would be too loud.
    This is exactly my feeling. I used to have hard floors upstairs and the sound of feet down was awful. Now it is my sewing room and I like the warmth of the carpet as well as the quiet. I have no problem with pins and I vacuum often.
    Jean in MI

Blog Entries
    When we built the addition that became my sewing room, there was no question. Laminate flooring. The only thing I would do different, would have put a thicker vapor barrier down to help make the floor a little warmer in winter. Two pairs of ragg socks works tho

My daughter put laminated wood in her kitchen. Being a good Mom, I didn`t say any thing. Then the day came for me to help her out for a while, and was that floor ever easy to clean. If I wouldn`t live in the North country, I would have it in every room. Don`t get me wrong, I love my location & my over 150 yr home, but it gets cold on your feet in the house in winter.

I love my carpeted sewing room floor! Just shows how different we all are!! LOL!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast