Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing table/cabinet >

Sewing table/cabinet

Sewing table/cabinet

Old 02-02-2017, 01:06 PM

Default Sewing table/cabinet

Hi, I'm starting research to buy a cabinet or table. I never see any used koalas in my area. My question is 1) for those of you who have cabinets, do you ever close them and 2) which do you like? I'm kind of looking at a Tracey table but don't know anything about them really. One with hydraulics would be nice, but not mandatory I quilt mostly, don't know if I'll ever go back to apparel sewing.

Thank you
Old 02-02-2017, 01:23 PM

I love my Arrow table. It has a drop area where the machine sits lower and a plexiglass fitting so your sewing is level. I've had mine for 7 yrs and it's still going strong.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:00 PM

I recently bought a Horn portable table and like it very much. Not quite as sturdy as the one I have had since the 80s but they do make a nice product. I wasn't concerned about closing it up since I have a dedicated sewing space. No need to hide my machines.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:12 PM

I also have an Arrow cabinet- Bertha is the style. Doesn't have hydraulics exactly but the bed is adjustable to different heights. The insert is custom cut to fit your machine. I do close the doors if I'm not sewing for a period of time, like now, I'm out of town. It just looks nice that way and I feel it helps keep the dust out. I ordered it online from SewVacDirect. Good customer service from them, IMHO. I've had it about 8 years and have been pleased with it.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

I hear Arrow is good. I bought an Arrow sewing chair from All Brands. on sale but none were available, i emailed All Brands and asked if more coming. they contacted Arrow and then put one more chair available at the sale price and i happened to see their email telling me that in time to order it! I will look into the Arrow tables/cabinets myself.