Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sewing table question

I use a long banquet table for my sewing table. It vibrates when I get to going fast. How do I keep it from doing that? I believe it's either a 4 ft. or 6 ft. table. Any suggestions would be great.......

I bought some padded shelf lining that works great for that, or a foam type place mat. If all else fails, a yoga mat is great because you can also cut a piece for your foot pedal if it likes to move on you too.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
    I bought some padded shelf lining that works great for that, or a foam type place mat. If all else fails, a yoga mat is great because you can also cut a piece for your foot pedal if it likes to move on you too.
    Do you put this under the machine?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
    but that won't stop the table from vibrating!

Quote Originally Posted by memaw4
    I use a long banquet table for my sewing table. It vibrates when I get to going fast. How do I keep it from doing that? I believe it's either a 4 ft. or 6 ft. table. Any suggestions would be great.......
    Can you find a little snack table or a side table of some sort or even a trash can or something fairly tall to stuff under the middle back side of the table? I sometimes use a snack table to help brace the back of my 6' folding table.

i had that problem - i moved my machine to sewing at one end instead of sewing in the middle of the table and i built this inexpensive extension thats great for quilting too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14govA4pIM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    i had that problem - i moved my machine to sewing at one end instead of sewing in the middle of the table and i built this inexpensive extension thats great for quilting too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14govA4pIM
    my friend sews on one and this is what she does, too

Thank you all so much for the info. I think I'll have to have hubby make me some sort of flat T-bar to put under the table to help brace it for me. That might be my best deal here. It's something I can up and move when I want to up and move my sewing room around. I do this often! I like change.......in my house rooms! :roll:

memaw4

Place your machine over where the table legs are. More stability and less vibration. An under pad also helps.

Sewing in the middle of a folding type table is not comfortable. Three groups I have worked with all have sewers on either side of the table so that each has an end to themselves. works for us.

ali