Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sewing Table recommendations

for those of us on dial up, would somebody mind describing the 'cone' thing?
    I have a sewezi extension...and my other machine came with one.
    Hawk, hang onto your second machine. you never know when your fav is going to need to go to the 'machine doctor'. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    Hawk, hang onto your second machine. you never know when your fav is going to need to go to the 'machine doctor'. :-D
    The woman bought a toilet tank repair kit and used the long arm thing with the hook. She taped it to the top of her machine and ran thread from a cone through it. She sets the cone in a large coffee cup and sets it on the back side of her machine. She also used blue foam insulation board to make a sewing surface level with her machine and covered it with heavy clear vinyl. She said that the fabric glides over it like warm butter. She had her machine on a folding table with adjustable height legs from Sam's Club

Blog Entries
    I want your sign about the "Parking"...lol :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Chasing Hawk,

I love your picture!

I love your idea with the easel and bulletin board for your design board. I need to find my easel and I will put some flannel on it to have the fabric blocks to stick to it.

Karen "Craftybear"

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    My mine sits on a dining room table. I have enough table to be able to stretch out the quilt as I go instead of it hanging down and having to wrestle it under the presser foot.

The picture shows 2 machines, one now resides in the closet. I haven't figured out if I want to sell it or hang on to it.
    My design board is off frame. I use the cork-board and easel for my instructions for whatever project I am doing.
    Thanks for the compliment. :)

Quote Originally Posted by janceejan
    I want your sign about the "Parking"...lol :thumbup:
    Haha!!! It says it all doesn't it.

Down at the bottom it says..."All others will be slapped"

Chasing Hawk,

Just have to tell you..I love your parking sign :!:

Quote Originally Posted by JanetM
    Chasing Hawk,

Just have to tell you..I love your parking sign :!:
    Thank you,
    It was a gift from my husband. My daughters told me once, "Mom, you know how to be a b-word with out actually being one."......

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by raptureready
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    The woman bought a toilet tank repair kit and used the long arm thing with the hook. She taped it to the top of her machine and ran thread from a cone through it. She sets the cone in a large coffee cup and sets it on the back side of her machine. She also used blue foam insulation board to make a sewing surface level with her machine and covered it with heavy clear vinyl. She said that the fabric glides over it like warm butter. She had her machine on a folding table with adjustable height legs from Sam's Club
    I saw that same video. I was thinking about making one myself, and put some sticky back Velcro on the pieces to secure them together.

I bought an adjustable height table from Staples. (Delivered to the house free BTW) .
    I have it lowered almost as far as it will go and with my machine on top it the perfect height. I couldn't afford the sewing cabinets that I wanted so had to make do. And its worked fine.

Senior Member Karen's Kreations's Avatar
    I use a large folding table from Sam's - actually have 2 of them pushed together - I also have the large clear sewing extension for my Bernina. That works fine for my quilting - and the folding tables can be put away easily when I need that room for guests.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast