Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingmachineoutlet.com order PROBLEM >

Sewingmachineoutlet.com order PROBLEM

Sewingmachineoutlet.com order PROBLEM

Old 01-29-2011, 05:55 PM

I ordered a sewing storage chair from sewingmachineoutlet.com for $225, with the order totalling $246 (& some change) with shipping. The next day, I get a charge to my card for $271 from "Precision Sewing Machines". Hmmm. Today, a guy named Sammy calls to tell me they can't get the item I want, but can send me a different item, with different measurements, in a different finish. I mention that I noticed the charge was not what I agreed to when placing the order. He said, " Yeah, we can't ship a chair for that". I told him just to cancel the order. He really didn't want to accept that, but I insisted. The fraud protection dept of my CC company says they can't dispute a transaction while it's pending, so I'll have to follow this week. What kind of company charges you when they don't have the item and adds to the shipping to boot! A different company recently called me to tell me the Koala chair I ordered is out of stock, turns out they have no Koala chairs at all right now! Why not just put "out of stock" on the website?
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 PM

Companies are getting real bold with their tactics these days. I definitely watch all my transactions and double check my register receipt before leaving the store.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

Oh yes...double check the register for sure. I also find that OFTEN at the grocery store the sale items are not rung through as sales. It is crazy that not very many bussinesses can be trusted anymore
Old 01-29-2011, 06:31 PM

Dear Maia, Why don't you get back on the phone and tell him that you posted your problem with his company on a quilting board that at last count had 23,625 members, (many of whom are members of quilting guilds and groups and will spread the word), and that the board had 7,652 posts in the last 24 hours. That's what it was just before I started to write this.

Further, say that your lawyer (somebody on this board must be a lawyer) suggested you email your post to his manager, the president of the company (these names are always available online), and the local Better Business Bureau, unless he reimburses you on Monday.

The threat may actually save you the work of actually doing all that!
Old 01-29-2011, 06:46 PM

[quote=deanna.r]Dear Maia, Why don't you get back on the phone and tell him that you posted your problem with his company on a quilting board that at last count had 23,625 members, (many of whom are members of quilting guilds and groups and will spread the word), and that the board had 7,652 posts in the last 24 hours. That's what it was just before I started to write this.

Now that's a classic response! I know I've already flagged the website as being unreliable.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:48 PM

Maia, further to my recent post to you, I just Googled: sewingmachineoutlet.com and they have a 1-800 number on their website which is 1-800-487-7397. A few hundred calls may aid your cause.
Also, if you Google sewingmachineoutlet reviews quite a few sites pop up to which you can add your 2 cents worth; after, of course, telling them that you are going to do that too. Here's the first two that I found:

WWW.SEWINGMACHINEOUTLET.COM - Reviews & Testimonials
The views expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of XOM Reviews

Ordered a machine, they did not have it in stock, don't bother
I ordered a machine they have listed on their website, and eventually, after several calls on my part, found out they don't actually have said machine. Pretty annoying. Not recommended.
Posted By: Raen, on Saturday, November 27, 2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They keep machines for sale they don't have, then try to sell you a more expensive one.
I found a negative review of this place somewhere, but I thought I'd try it. I ordered a sewing machine and the next morning I got a call from Sammy saying that they don't have any and tried to get me to buy a $100 more expensive model. They still have the machine for sale on their site. What a crock. Waiting for the refund.
Posted By: karen1111, on Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I just love the internet! :D
Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 PM

Sometimes the problem with getting websites updated in a timely manner has to do with the website being maintained by an outside party who 'just doesn't do it' when asked to do so, for whatever reason. Not saying this is the case with this company, but it happened for a friend of mine, till she got her website changed to in-house updating.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:09 PM

that is just crazy
Old 02-10-2011, 04:13 PM

Thank you a for your support and advice. A charge was posted, but refunded as I insisted. Turns out this Sammy of sewingmachineoutlet.com and Precision Sewing Machines in Convington, LA has quite a negative reputation on the patternreview.com board. I'll try to post a link: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-...asses/board.pl That's just one thread that involves complaints about them. So many businesses are getting so sleazy. Or apathetic and rude. The dealer that I bought two machines plus a cabinet insert, feet, needles, thread, fabrics, etc, etc acts like I'm not worth their time mist if the time, but when I called to get some spare parts (just in case) and feet for my various machines, I had to give a CC # to special order a bobbin case for like $17. Hello? I've spent thousands with you and you can't trust me for $17!?! But I didn't pay in advance for the insert, which was over $70. Fortunately there are 3 Bernina dealers within an easy drive, one is very new, and the other two don't impress me at all, but if I buy a new 440 or 820 I'll have some options. The only brand they have that isn't better represented nearby is Pfaff, and I'll make a longer drive if need be. But how foolish, they had me, and now I won't buy anything there I can get elsewhere without too much trouble. Silly dealers...