Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-21-2010, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
Nope, I can't stand clutter, so I can't settle down to sew until all else is tidy and no one is "wanting", of course there are only the 2 of us plus the dogs now, so it gets easier with age.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:11 AM

Does anyone elses sewingroom look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desparately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
Mine isn't too bad but it is amazing that my 11 year old dog Hunter knows when I go in there and that's the exact moment he decides he has to go out. My sewing room is at the far end of the house so it's a hike and by the time I get back, Fiona his "sister" decides maybe she'll go out after all.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:45 AM

Not just when quilting, with everything I do! When I cook my DH comes behind me and cleans up because he can't stand the mess.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:25 AM

I take the cordless phone with me to my sewing room so I don't have to go back downstairs for it.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Roberta
Mine isn't too bad but it is amazing that my 11 year old dog Hunter knows when I go in there and that's the exact moment he decides he has to go out. My sewing room is at the far end of the house so it's a hike and by the time I get back, Fiona his "sister" decides maybe she'll go out after all.
My dogs do the same thing. My sewing room is in the basement, so if I have been down there "too long" they start woofing to go out. Usually one goes out and then when I get back to the basement the other one wants to go out. That's how I get my daily exercise.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 PM

yes, indeed. It is amazing how much a grown man can need with no kids at home, and just the two of you. I could get a lot more done without the telephone ringing, and the "where is?????" I can't find it..........Even the dog wants attention when I am busiest.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM

I love your quote, but I really love your wall hanging. I want to do something like that for my room.....one day after I finish some UFO's piled up. :D
Old 09-21-2010, 06:38 PM

I really like the quilt as your avitar. Beautiful!
Old 09-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Riversong, very nice. I also like mine neat when not working,and it is motivating to go into the room when it is so clean and organized. But, while I work it does get strewn and I have to clean up before I go out. Unless I have to stop my project to cook,etc.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:36 PM
Dee

Glad I'm not alone. Love your I love to sew room wall hanging. It is so cute.