Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: sewling cabinets

sewling cabinets

I am interested in purchasing a sewing cabinet. I have been looking at Inspire air lift sewing table it looks exactly like the Horn Quilters Dream 5180. The cost is roughly 1,500.00 I would like to know if anyone has a sewing cabinet, what kind it is, and if you are satisfied with it. I have been using a 4ft plastic table and I am tired if lifting my quilts over the hump. Thanks in advance.

I bought the Perfexion PXD-2500 Elite about eight months ago.Got it locally when the dealer here matched the internet price of $1699 and no tax. It's huge, I have three machines set up on it and still have room. It does take up a lot of space though, it sits on the end wall in one of my studio rooms. It seems to be very sturdy, but one word of caution: I have a Janome 6600P installed into the cabinet and sometimes, when I really get moving, the cabinet vibrates a bit. So be aware of that if you get this unit. Other than that I am pleased with it (and it probably just needs an adjustment), so good luck!
    If you feel like you're special...it's 'cause you are!
    Momto5

Have you looked at Arrow's Kangaroo cabinets? I have the Aussie and love it, along with a few Joeys. I got the Aussie for just under $1,000 with free shipping.

I bought a table with adjustable lift for my Juki TL98 QE from Leah Day's web site for 149.00 with free shipping. About 2 years ago. It works great.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Not sure if you have this model (Eclipse) in the US, but I bought this 6 months ago and it's transformed my sewing! There is a back and side leaf that you can put up - great for FMQ. I also got a plastic 'blank' with my table and set a couple of cupboard lights on top of my machine in the 'down' position and use it as a light box for tracing appliqué etc.
    http://www.hornfurniture.co.uk/
    Name:  Horn eclipse.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  59.8 KB
    Lang may yer lum reek.

Thank you for posting your cabinet!!! it looks very nice. We do sell Horne products I will check out the Eclipse.

I bought a Sauder Sewing and Craft Table from Walmart.com. It is perfect! Mine cost 107.00 it was a roll back. I can store my serger on the shelf under the cabinet. It has a side shelves with a door. The second door opens up to put the drop down counter on top of it.

I have the Horn Super Quilters' Dream plus rolling cart plus the next size smaller with rolling cart. I love them both. Peepers, a member on this board, also has the super quilter's dream. She just posted under "new sewing/crafting room".
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I have this one too Knitette. It is perfect for supporting large amounts of heavy fabric whilst sewing, at the front and back. I also have an older cabinet which I bought with my old Bernina. I now have the overlocker (serger) on that.